Share Facebook

10-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #301
xX_LittleMissValentine_Xx

My Support Groups:
Oh Hi Cat

Its going well thank you I went to the gym yesterday. I did my usual workout. On Monday I took my running up to walk 1.5mins run 2mins x 4. And that made my calf muscles ache for the first time in the while. Then I did the same on Friday and it felt better than on Monday already! Ill take it up again next Monday, but I haven't quite decided how... Maybe try the walking for only 1 min. I'm not sure if I can fit in two gym sessions next week though.

I have Weds and Thursday off next week and I have arranged to go and see my sister in Oxford and have a well needed night out! Really looking forward to that.

I also had a swim today which was nice

Also... Big News! I got an email and I have a date for the Triathlon! I haven't signed up yet, I'm going to wait until closer to the time - you never know what could happen, health or injuries etc. And I don't want to waste money. So it will be 13th July 2014. Which gives me 9 months to train. Plenty of time I think
Infliximab

Past:
Pentasa
Prednisolone
Azathioprine

My blog: http://hollysbloggyness.blogspot.com/
10-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #302
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Wow, all good news! I'm excited that you have an official date for the triathlon, yay! And hopefully by July it won't be too cold doing the swimming part? I'm glad you have a lot of time to train and I'm glad you have this goal to work towards, this is all great news and I'm proud of you! I know what you mean about not knowing what your health will be doing then - heck, I don't know what my health will be doing tomorrow or an hour from now, the way things have been going for me lately! So it's good that you're being cautious, but I'm glad that you at least know when it will be so you can train accordingly.
10-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #303

My Support Groups:
I haven't updated here in a little while.

I did reply to you before, cat, but it didn't work for some reason then I couldn't be bothered to write it again!

I think I mentioned that I haven't been feeling quite so good after stopping the Aza a few weeks ago. I called the IBD nurse right away because I didn't want it to escalate and for me to get worse. They want me to do a stool sample so they can test for faecal calprotectin before I can start aza again. So I'm going to do that tomorrow I think, and I have infliximab next Monday so I might feel a bit better after that.

Gym is going OK. I only managed to go once last week for fitting it in with work. I also missed my weds swim session with my friend because I went to stay with my sister in Oxford. But we had a fun night out and then went to a museum the next day.

So I went swimming on Sat with my Mum and sister, and went to the gym yesterday after work. I worked hard but I'm not aching today so maybe I didn't work hard enough? I'm not sure what is your opinion on this? Should you be aching slightly the next day?

Going for a swim later with my friend. So there is my update!
10-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #304
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
LMV, good luck with the calprotectin test! Hope you feel better soon.

As for aching after a workout - if you're doing basically the same workout every time, once your body gets used to doing the same exercises repeatedly, you won't really get sore anymore. I usually do the same weight machines and I don't generally feel sore the next day. But if I switch it up and do something different and use different muscle groups or work my muscles in a different way than they're used to, then yes, I totally get sore! So perhaps you should try shaking up your routine a bit, as it sounds like your muscles have become accustomed to your usual workout routine.

How's this for odd - last week, I forgot to do one of the weight machines I usually do, so I think I worked my other muscles harder as I was inadvertently doing one less machine - and I felt a bit sore the next day! So even skipping a step is apparently enough to shake up the routine and wake up your muscles.
10-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #305

My Support Groups:
Yeah maybe you are right. I don't know how to mix it up though... I like it in the order I do it now.
10-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #306
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
I know, I'm a creature of habit too. I like doing the same weight machines in the same order. But sometimes on days I'm not doing weights, I'll do yoga. It seems easy, it doesn't feel like a difficult workout when I'm doing it - but if I haven't done yoga in a little while, then I will definitely be sore the next day! So maybe you could do a workout with your resistance bands every so often to mix it up without changing your routine?

It's not necessarily a bad thing that you're not getting sore. It just means your muscles have become accustomed to doing the same routine - you probably won't make as many gains by doing the same thing, but you will still be gaining muscle and getting fitter, maybe just at a slightly slower rate than if you were mixing it up more. I have done more or less the same workout routine for awhile now, and I've definitely gotten fitter and more muscle mass and my hubby says I'm looking better all the time. So I wouldn't worry too much, if you like what you're doing and don't want to change, that's totally understandable and fine.
10-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #307

My Support Groups:
Hmm... I hear what you are saying!

I just wanna get as fit as I can for the triathlon!
10-24-2013, 10:37 AM   #308

My Support Groups:
So I went to the gym today and I tried mixing it up a bit!

So I usually do treadmill, bike, rowing machine, (Then cross trainer but I usually miss that one out!) Then a few free weights.

Today I still started with the treadmill because that is what I'm mostly trying to improve on atm, I did walk 1min, run 2 mins x 5 today. It was hard but good because I only did it x4 on tuesday. Then I did the cross trainer for 5 mins. Then rowing machine for 10 mins... Then I was supposed to do the bike for 10 mins but I didn't!! I'm lazy I skip that last machine when I should just push on!

Then I couldn't really do my free weights because my arm felt funny where I had a blood test yesterday.

But I feel tired so we will see if I ache tomorrow!

I also did my stool sample today. So we will see what comes of that.
10-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #309
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Have you thought about just doing the bike one day and nothing else but the bike? Maybe do a bike day, a jogging day, etc. Sometimes I do just bike days, I put on a DVD and make myself do a hill program (either 30 mins or an hour usually). You could keep up your usual routine but sometimes just concentrate on one thing - that'd mix it up but still let you do your usual thing most of the time too.

Good luck with the blood and stool results! I hope everything is okay and that you get the green light to go back on Aza!
10-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #310

My Support Groups:
Yeah I think thats something to think about, cat! I think I should also have a think about doing a weights day from time to time.

I had my 6th infliximab infusion yesterday! They said my blood results were looking good so I'm not really expecting much to come of the stool sample.

I'm feeling a bit better than I was when I first became worried about coming off the Aza but I'm not feeling as good as I was when I was still on it. Maybe I'll feel a bit better when this infliximab has kicked in.

Went to the gym after work today. It was OK but I didn't do as well as I did last time. But hey, it would have been better than nothing!
10-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #311
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
I do weights days every other day - weights are my favorite! But I don't know if you could call what I do just weights. I like to warm up with about 10 mins of cardio first (usually arc trainer or stationary bike), then weights, then about 10 mins stretching, and about 5 mins cool-down (usually walking on the treadmill to cool down). So I really do a little bit of everything on my weights days!

I have been meaning to say, I'm inspired by you training for the triathlon and I'm jealous that you can jog without pain. Ever since I started working out 2.5 years ago, I've tried jogging here and there but it always gives me such pain in my bad hip. Then I got those steroid injections into my hip about a month ago, and although I had awful side effects for awhile, now my hip is actually feeling a little better, so just recently I've been trying to jog too! I did about 5 mins yesterday and 4 mins today, and so far no hip pain! (Before getting the steroid injections, I definitely would have had hip pain after jogging for even those short amounts of time.) I'm not sure how far I can push it, but I'm going to keep trying at jogging. I'd be happy just to be able to slowly jog a mile without pain, that's long been a goal of mine! So keep posting training updates, as I'm excited to hear what you're doing in the gym and it makes me want to jog more.

Your situation with Aza sounds pretty similar to me and Asacol. I was on Asacol for 2 years, no issues, it kept me in remission that whole time. Then, they stopped manufacturing regular Asacol in the US, so I had to stop taking it. When I was on Asacol, I couldn't break it down particularly well, so I was taking 6 tablets a day and was passing 1 to 2 tablets undigested on a daily basis. Still, I was absorbing 4 or 5 tablets daily and that seemed to be enough to keep me in remission. So, when they stopped making Asacol, my GI tried me on Asacol HD (they do still make HD here), and that's when my trouble started. Since they're bigger/stronger pills, I was only taking 2 HD tablets per day - but I was still passing 1 to 2 tablets undigested, so I basically was not getting my medicine, and I started feeling really crappy really quickly! I think that put me into a mild flare, which I've been trying to get out of ever since. I've tried a couple different meds since then and am now on Pentasa. I think it's working, not really sure as I just recently made the switch to Pentasa and then got those steroid injection side effects and then I caught a cold which knocked me down for a bit last week, so it's been kind of hard to tell what effect Pentasa is having in the midst of all that. I'm hoping to get back into remission soon and I'm hoping Pentasa works! Sorry that was too long, but I know the feeling when you stop a medication and then start feeling unwell and it's a bit of a struggle to get back to where you were. I'm glad to hear that your bloodwork was good, and I hope that restarting Aza gets you feeling really well again.
10-31-2013, 05:07 AM   #312

My Support Groups:
I am in a dilemma about what to do with my Gym membership!

So basically when I started the gym I didn't have a job so I didn't want a direct debit membership which is why I went for the pay each time option. But now that I have a job, it costs me more each time I go, because I don't get the unemployment rate.

So right now I am paying 5 each time I go, which most weeks is twice a week, and I'm restricted in when I go... only weekdays before 5pm. So lets say I'm spending 10/week, 40/month. I could definitely be getting more for my money.

So here are my choices for changing membership:

Stay at my gym, which I really like, is about 6miles away from my house. I have two membership options. (Going for off peak so I can go whenever I want) Standard: 30.75/month. Includes Gym use, a body stat test but I have to pay for any classes I want to go to. (which I'm beginning to think would be a good way of mixing up my workouts). Most of these classes are 5 a time.
Or the Premier: 41 Month Gym use, 2x body stat tests, and all classes included.

Or...

Move to the gym which is about 2miles away from my house. 35 a month for gym and swim membership includes classes... Sounds amazing, but I really don't like the look of this gym. I had a look at it and it is tiny. a tiny room, not many machines all squashed in there. But the advantage of it again is that I will be able to use other gyms in the same chain. So there is another 4miles away, 6 miles away, 8 miles away, 11 miles away (this one is near where I sometimes work).

I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DOOOO!!!!

I don't really want to leave my gym but can I afford 40 a month?? It seems quite excessive....
11-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #313
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Wow, no matter what you do, it all sounds fairly pricey to me. Are there any other gyms in your area or are these the only options? If it were me, I'd probably stay at the same gym and do the standard membership and pay for classes for awhile - if you do enough classes after a little while then upgrade your membership, if not then stay as is and pay to take a class every so often.

One question about your gym - you said if you get a regular membership then you can go off-peak whenever you like. Is your gym open and staffed 24/7? That's one thing I really like about my gym, it's literally open and staffed all the time (some gyms are open 24/7 but not staffed during off-hours, so if you get injured or if someone attacks you or whatever, there's nobody there to help you, so it's an important distinction that it's open AND staffed 24 hours!).

The talk about how much gyms cost makes me feel really fortunate - a few years ago, I had looked at prices for all the gyms in my city, and they were all in the $30 to $50 range. Wow, way too pricey for me! (At the time, I was solely using the gym in the basement of my workplace, which is very small and few machines, but it's free for me to use - so I stuck with that gym for quite awhile and still use it about once a week.) Then a low cost gym opened up in my city, it's only $10 a month which includes the use of classes and trainers if I want them (I haven't done any classes nor worked with the trainers as of yet). I am so happy I found a decent gym for a good price! But I know your frustration, it sucks when the only options are expensive ones. The $10 gym I go to only opened about a year ago, before then there were only the expensive options for me too.
11-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #314

My Support Groups:
Cat, I'm not actually sure what the opening hours are at my gym! I need to check, but I'm fairly sure it isn't 24/7.

And yeah, gyms are so expensive, they must make so much money! Well I decided to take the plunge and change my membership! So I am staying at my gym, and paying 30 a month. I can now go in the evenings or weekends if I want to.

So I went today, I did well with running. I did walk 1 min run 2mins x 5 and then an extra min run at the end. Then I did 5 mins on the cross trainer and 10 mins on the rowing machine. I was going to do the bike then but they were both in use.

I skipped the free weights as well.... I kind of feel like my arms are too big, so I don't really want to keep working them. But then I want to get them more toned as well.
11-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #315
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
My wife's trainer told us to get protein shortly after working out.

Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
11-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #316
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
LMV, I'm bumping this thread up because I haven't heard an update from you fitness-wise in awhile! Are you still training for the triathlon? If so, how's it been going? Any setbacks, any progress? How's other stuff, how's the job going? How's life, how's your health? I hope all is okay!

So in response to your last post in this thread, yeah, gyms must make crazy amounts of money. I can tell you that my gym only charges $10 a month but they still clearly make big bucks. They offer free pizza on the 1st Monday of every month (yuck) and free bagels on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. Seems very odd to offer food, especially non health food, in a gym. Pizza is not my friend and the smell of it alone during a workout is enough to induce fairly bad nausea, so I avoid the gym on pizza nights (bagels are during the mornings so they're long gone by the time I get to the gym in the evenings, so no need to specifically avoid bagel day - plus, bagels don't have a wafting strong smell like pizza does). But anyway, if my gym charges such a comparatively small amount for membership but can still afford to buy all those pizzas and bagels each month, then I think the gyms that charge more money must be absolutely raking it in.

Oh, and keep doing the weights! My arms haven't gotten bigger in quite awhile, but they've gotten more toned. Your arms won't keep getting bigger, I promise. Don't give up the weights out of self-consciousness! Believe me, I was weirded out by my bigger arms at first too. Certain shirts stopped fitting because my arms became too big for the sleeves! But if anything, I think the bigness has decreased a little and I've become much more toned. So just keep at it, it'll get better and you'll get more comfortable with it. I love my arms now, and I can still fit into most of my shirts.
11-20-2013, 06:28 AM   #317

My Support Groups:
Thanks cat! Yeah I realise I haven't updated in a little while. We lost our internet connection for a week or so, so I couldn't update.

I have had a small set back with my health. I was getting chest pains while on the treadmill so I went to see my GP. She checked out my lungs and said everything sounded good, my lung capacity was good, no blood clots. So she said it was probably inflammation of the chest wall. So she suggested I didn't go to the gym for a week or so... that was about a week ago now. I'm thinking of going to the gym on friday and giving it ago.

The appointment did show how my heart rate was high, so I actually have an ecg this morning to check that out. Hopefully it will be fine. But I don't really understand what would cause it to be fast. They noticed it was fast when I had infliximab too.

I want to see how long I can run for without stopping. (and hope my chest doesn't hurt). I really want to get up to distance for the triathlon, even though I know I have a long time to go.

Other news in my life... I've started seeing a guy! OMG so happy because it has been so long since I've been romantically involved with anyone in any way! lol
Its very new so we will see how it goes, but it already feels fairly natural and nice.
11-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #318
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Oh goodness, that's a bit scary about the chest pains. I hope it's nothing major and that you can keep training. Hope the ECG went well too! I don't really know what can cause a rapid heartbeat - I know dehydration can, but I don't know if meds/supplements can (some probably can but I don't know which ones). I hope you can figure it all out!

Woo, congrats on the guy! Sounds promising! So what's he like, is he into fitness?

Remind me, what is the running distance for the triathlon you're training for? I'm sure you've said but my memory is not great lately. How far can you currently run without stopping to walk? The other day, I did 4 mins jogging without stopping. I was fairly tired afterwards, but I felt good too. I think I've said this before, but jogging used to cause me so much hip pain that even a few minutes would put me in pain for days. Then I got those steroid injections into my hip, which didn't seem like they worked at first and I had so many bad side effects - but now my hip is actually okay, and jogging doesn't seem to hurt like it did before. So I'm in a similar place as you are, I want to try to jog as long as I can and keep going a little longer each time. As long as my hip stays quiet, I think I can do it! So here's hoping that my hip and your chest/heart behave themselves when we jog.
11-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #319

My Support Groups:
I'm fairly sure the chest pains is just inflammation like she said, but its annoying if it gets in the way of my training. They said the ECG looks fine.

Yes he is into fitness! More so than me and he looks good for it too He wants us to go to the gym together... But I think I need to get past caring him seeing me hot and sweaty first!

With the running I haven't tried running without stopping yet, just been doing the interval training. So thats why I wanna see how I do without stopping. I think I'm guna go tomorrow morning and give it a try!
11-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #320
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
LMV, I wouldn't worry too much about being sweaty in front of your new guy in a gym setting. Personally, if I see someone in the gym and they look not sweaty and their hair is perfect and everything, that just makes me think they're not working hard at all. I see the people who are sweaty and breathing hard and look like a mess, and I respect them a lot and think highly of them because they're obviously working out hard. I think your guy will respect you if he sees you breaking a sweat and doing an impressive workout. So I say go for it, put on your cutest workout clothes and hit the gym and with him! You said yourself that your sister was impressed with what you do at the gym when she tagged along with you, so I bet your guy will be impressed too.

Good luck tomorrow with the running! Let me know how you do! I'm going to try running as long as I can too and I'll let you know how I do. How fast do you usually jog on the treadmill? I do 5 mph, I'm trying to build myself up to jogging a bit at 6 mph but haven't gotten there yet (it feels so fast in comparison with 5 mph!). So far I've done 4 mins - I'd love to do 6 mins, at 5 mph that'd be a half a mile. If I can do a half mile, then hopefully it wouldn't take much more training to jog a mile - and that's been a goal of mine for ages now. Anyway, let me know how you do!
11-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #321

My Support Groups:
Yes I'll let you know tomorrow! The triathlon running distance is 1.5 miles. So not far but its the last part so I need to be able to do that after a 3 mile bike ride. So I defo wanna build it up to be more than that. I run at 5.2 miles an hour. That was just comfortable for me when I started and I've kept it the same. I'm not worried about going faster, I just want to get to distance. And then obviously I need to practise doing it outside. It will feel different when I don't have the treadmill to tell me how fast I'm going!

I wont worry about looking hot and sweaty with "my new guy" at the gym, just maybe when he is slightly less new! We went swimming at the weekend and he doesn't really enjoy swimming much, so that was sweet of him. I think he was impressed with how fast I was. I should probably just go to the gym with him! lol
11-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #322

My Support Groups:
I'm so happy I ran a mile at the gym yesterday! I did it in 11mins 30 seconds, all without stopping. Thats the longest I have ran for and the furthest I have gone!

So from now on I think I'm just going to keep pushing it a little bit further each time.

After that I did the rowing machine for 10 mins and cross trainer for 5mins, then a few weights.

Very pleased with how my work out went
11-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #323
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Congrats on the mile, so proud of you!! I'm still working my way up to that so I'm jealous. I was only able to do 3 mins jogging non-stop in the gym the other day. I need to keep trying and get myself up to a mile too! And also very well done that you did other machines after doing the mile - great work, LMV!
11-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #324

My Support Groups:
Thanks Cat!

I tried again yesterday but I didn't make the mile. I managed half a mile though. I was quite tired and also trying to fit in a work out before work. I also did 10 mins on the rowing machine and some weights.

But still better than nothing! Not sure when I'm going next. Life feels quite hectic at the moment!
11-30-2013, 12:19 PM   #325

My Support Groups:
So I went to the gym today... And got there 10 mins before it closed!!

Must remember it closes at 4.30 on a saturday! I thought it would be 7 or something.

Oh well. I came home and did a resistance band work out. Better than nothing.
12-02-2013, 10:41 AM   #326
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Half a mile is still awesome, don't feel bad about doing that amount. I still struggle to do even that distance and I haven't made it to a mile yet, so you're doing great!

But wow, your gym closes at 4:30 on Saturdays??? What an odd, early time to close! I know you mentioned awhile ago that there was another gym that you had the option of joining - just curious, I wonder what time they close on weekends? I'm spoiled, my gym is open 24/7 so I only have to worry about them being closed on some holidays (they close on most major holidays like Thanksgiving and Xmas but they were open on Easter). Wow, well at least now you know to try to squeeze in a workout earlier in the day on Saturdays, but that still sounds pretty ridiculous to me that they close at such a weird, early time.

How's it going with the guy? Have you two hit the gym together yet?
12-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #327

My Support Groups:
I know I was disappointed. I'm not sure what time the other one closes. They are both in villages though so they are probably similar. Its even earlier on a sunday too. I think its only open sunday morning.

I'm finding it hard to fit in my work outs this week. Today I was working 9am - 7.30pm. Tomorrow I'm working 12-8.00. So I have to leave the house at 11.30 and I find it hard to fit in the gym and shower in that time... I did it last week but it was slightly rushed. And this week mum wants me to be in because the piano tuner is coming.

Things are going good with the guy thanks Did I mention he is a personal trainer? He isn't working as one at the moment because it is hard to fit it in with work, but its what he wants to end up doing. We haven't gone to the gym together yet. It will probably happen soon though.
12-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #328

My Support Groups:
Forgot to say... (I started the post and then did something else and came back to it!)

I could go to the gym weds morning before work but I am also going swimming on weds evening with my friend... So do I do two work outs in two days?
12-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #329
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
I think it's fine to do 2 workouts 2 days in a row, as long as they're different workouts. You run into potential trouble if you try to do, for example, weight lifting with the same muscle groups 2 days in a row. The muscles need enough time to heal and just don't get that if you do the same weightlifting routine 2 days in a row, so then you run the risk of potentially injuring yourself. But I think it would be fine to do your usual gym routine one day and swimming the next day since it's different types of exercise and working different muscles (obviously there will be some overlap with what muscles are used, but it's still different enough that you should be just fine).

Personally, I often exercise multiple days in a row, but I make sure to mix it up and to only do weights every other day. So one day I'll do weights, and the next day I'll do yoga. Or weights and the next day I'll ride the bike. I make sure to give myself enough rest days too - if I do weights, bike, weights, yoga, weights, etc - my body just ends up feeling really run down, it needs at least a day in the midst of all that to rest & recover. I think that's normal, not just an IBD thing. Normal people need rest days too, and maybe even more so with IBD, so I try to listen to my body and let it rest when it needs to.

How fun, a physical trainer! Your degree is in nutrition or something along those lines, correct? You two could go into business together, you could do the dietary side and he could do the fitness side and you could open up a wellness center and teach people how to eat well and get fit! Seriously though, that's cool that you've found someone who really cares about fitness. My hubby will go to the gym with me but he clearly doesn't enjoy it. I wish he were more enthusiastic about fitness.

Goodness, you're working long hours! Is that a good thing? Are you still liking the job, is the pay okay or are you looking for something better? How's your car, still enjoying car ownership and commuting and all that fun stuff? That's pretty sucky though about your gym having such weird/short hours on the weekends. Speaking as someone who just cannot work out in the mornings, I just couldn't do it! My guts are worst in the mornings, so I get up and let my guts be angry for a couple hours. Then they settle down and I can eat something. If I don't eat something, and just head to the gym when the guts settle, then my GERD gets very unhappy. The GERD is much calmer if I eat something and let my stomach acid work on that for awhile and then go to the gym. So my usual weekend gym routine is: wake up, wait about 2 hours for guts to settle, eat something, wait another 2 hours for food/stomach acid to settle, take reflux meds, go to the gym. All that waiting means I get to the gym at about noon at the earliest - I just cannot do morning workouts! So I'd be really upset if my gym was only open in the mornings on Sundays!
12-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #330

My Support Groups:
Ok I wrote that wrong! I ment two work outs in one day!

I went to the gym this morning and I didn't do so well. I obviously wanted to run a mile again but I still didn't manage it. I got to 0.7miles and had to stop due to a really bad stitch! I had kept going as much as I could. I did the rowing machine and the stitch went away. And then I did the cross trainer - was supposed to be for five mins but couldn't do more than 2 before the stitch came back again. Then someone was on the weights I wanted to use to I just left feeling really disheartened!

I had gone in there feeling really motivated and then left feeling like I wont ever be able to do the triathlon! I'm going to try not eating before I go to the gym next time. Think I'm going to go next on Friday.

So I'm going swimming soon, that will be two work outs today. Even if the first one was rubbish!

Haha, yes my degree is in nutrition. And yes I have had an idea about business along those lines!

I am working long hours on those days but my total hours is still not very many. Today I only had two. So the pay is ok... not amazing, but it would be ok if I had full time hours. So Even though I am enjoying the job, I am thinking I need to be looking for something else soon. Maybe in the new year. I have been job searching for so long that I am actually enjoying not looking for something. Yeah I'm still enjoying my car, really love the freedom. But I'm very conscious of the huge debt I owe my dad for it and really want to start paying him back, which of course links back to the job situation! But one good think about my job is that all my travel, milage or public transport and parking is all paid for. So that definitely makes up for the lack of hours.

You are amazing cat, I'm surprised you still have the motivation for working out with all those issues with the GERD. I think I would use it as an excuse!