• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

6mp sending liver function test high

Hi just wondered if anyone has been on 6mp and it sent their liver function test over 400 just after one week on this medication. I had another test on 9 January which was 75. I was told this is still high I am awaiting going on humira but cant until liver function has gone back to normal. Does anyone know whats normal?

Alison

I know they keep good blood work on people with 6MP. It made my Alk Phos go nuts after a few weeks of being on it. I had to be taken off of 6MP because it elevated my lipase as well.

Did they take you off of it?

hawkeye

Staff member
Do you know what test it was ALT, AST, Billirubin? I think different tests have different "normal" ranges.

Hi im not sure it was my first blood test while on 6mp which was for FBC and LFT. They took me off it as soon as they seen the results. 18th December 2012. Ibd nurse said you will never take this ever again.

Alison