• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I hate my bowels

I've been reading threads on here and figured I would share my story to see if anyone has a similar story to mine. I started having bowel problems in my early 20's, it kind of felt like a dull pain that was in my lower abdomen that didn't go away. After some months I started taking probiotics and digestive enzymes and poof it went away. I didn't have insurance at the time so I couldn't go to the doctor.

More recently in the past year or two I've been having some more serious problems with my bowels and around my groin area. As you probably know sometimes you have good days and sometimes you have bad days. On a good day I have dull to sometimes stabbing pain in my colon area, sometimes I also get back pain. On a bad day I will get the pain plus being gassy all day and needing to go to the bathroom at least 7 times a day, sometimes its also accompanied by cramps.

I also forgot to mention that if I go to the bathroom a lot I start to get blood spotting on toilet paper and my anal area gets very raw. Sometimes a rash develops around my anal/groin area and it makes it difficult to walk.

Its interesting though, sometimes it goes away for weeks to months and then comes back for a few weeks, and then disappears and I feel painless. Sometimes also after a good episode of what I think is IBD I go through a period where I get a lot of headaches and start to feel light headed. The last time that started I took a heavy influx of vitamin B12 and multivitamins and that seemed to help and get rid of the headaches and light headed ness so I think I went through a period of vitamin malnutrition.

I'm going to go to a new gastro next week, fingers crossed maybe finally I can get some resolution to my problem. The last gastro I had told me that I probably had IBS and at the time I took that as an answer which I regret. It would be so nice if a doctor was able to tell me for sure what I have. I thought I had IBS but I think I probably have IBD ... what do you think? Thanks for the help. :( I really just want a doctor to be able to diagnose and tell me what I can do to improve my quality of life.

Lots of bathroom visits do suck. I use Sudocream when I have irritation. I think it's used for babies. But what the hell it works for me. I think you can purchase it anywhere too and it's not expensive for a big jar. Fr your headaches it could have been do to dehydration, especially if you were going to the bathroom a lot. My doc tells me to keep some powerade type sports drinks in my fridge to help my electrolytes. Imodium will sometimes help me with diarrhea stuff is just so expensive lol. Hope you get some answers soon.

afidz

Super Moderator
Hello and welcome!
People with IBD's generally lack essential vitamins, so its good that you take them on a regular basis. Have you had your levels checked recently? Good luck with the new doctor, I hope he can provide you with some answers that will lead to relief. I am not sure if you have taken a look at the undiagnosed club, but I will copy the link for you in case you haven't. They can help you with what your going through over there, and answer questions that you might have.
http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75