Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Fever after meal sign of flare??

01-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
janeindeed

Fever after meal sign of flare??

I have been in remission since last March when I had a resection and temp. ileostomy. I haven't decided to have the takedown yet because I have felt so good and don't miss diarrhea at all!
I have been getting low fevers after meals lately. I have had this before when I was having a flare, but it always came with pain and diarrhea. Since I have the ostomy, watery output is normal for me, so I can't really have that as a symptom anymore. I don't have any sort of consistent pain and the stoma looks ok as far as I can tell. Is this something that I should call my GI about?
I may be overreacting, because it may just be a cold- I'm on azathioprine so I'm due for some sort of infection!
I was just wondering if anyone had any input.
01-29-2013, 08:22 AM   #2
Devynnsmom
Forum Monitor

I have no real advice, but I was just reading on the parenting board and there is a lady with a young son who is having fevers after eating as well. When my daughter has fevers and is in a flare, she seems to have a fever for a few days. I would def give your dr a heads up. Good luck!

Devynn (12 years old) was *unoficially* diagnosed with Crohn's disease in Dec 2009.
That diagnosis was changed to Ulcerative Colitis in Mar 2012.
Pentasa ASA Dec 2009-Mar 2012 (dosage tweaked a couple of times)
Mezavant Mar 2012- Nov 2012
Sulfasalazine-Nov 2012
01-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
SarahBear

My Support Groups:
It might be worth letting your GI know. At the very least, you might want to go to the GP and let them check you out (in case you are coming down with something).

I hope everything is alright!

Sarah.
Diagnosed with Crohn's disease 12/6/08.
Have taken: Prednisone, 6mp, methotrexate, Pentasa.
Currently waiting for a new medication!

Check out the Crohn's forum chat!

01-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
Terriernut

My Support Groups:
I agree you should mention it to your GP, and possibly have your bloods checked. Hopefully you are having that done anyway though as you are on Aza?

As for noticing a flare with a stoma, it can be harder! Pain, fever, night sweats, hot flushes etc are a good sign you are flaring. Oh, and add joint pain as well.

You may also notice you have more output, even more liquid, than normal.
DX Crohns Feb 2011, symtoms 1997, 2009 and then WHAM! Emergency surgery for perforated sigmoid, fistula through fallopian tube, septic and near dead: Colostomy-Stan was born 22/12/10. Another parastomal hernia, his name is Ollie and he is MONSTER size!
4gm Pentasa
6MP 50mg
01-31-2013, 08:02 AM   #5
cleuger

My Support Groups:
Fever and night sweats were some my symptoms as well. I had a low grade fever everyday after lunch at work. I lived with it for years not knowing what it was. Just recently I had a fever several days in a row and got freaked out thinking here I go again but it turned out to be a nasty little bug we've been passing around at work.

Diagnosed 10/02/2012 Crohns Colitis
05/28/14 Surgery Abscess due to Fistula
09/18/2014 Surgery Total Proctocolectomy
rectum removed and closed up.
Best Decision I ever made.

Gastro Released me said I didn't need meds any longer

Have 3 kids only 1 at home 17 yr old is Type 1 Diabetic

Currently Taking
Tramadol
Xanax
Multi Vitiman

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Fever after meal sign of flare??