Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Bubble right after injection? Normal?

01-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
EthanPSU

My Support Groups:
Bubble right after injection? Normal?

Hey guys, Is it normal to have the area where you injected look a little big? I injected in my stomach and the area pretty much looks like you can tell the liquid is in the skin, it forms almost a sort of bubble.

Is this normal? It may be just the first time I noticed it, not sure.
01-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
Dukeis
Dynastic Overlord

My Support Groups:
Hey guys, Is it normal to have the area where you injected look a little big? I injected in my stomach and the area pretty much looks like you can tell the liquid is in the skin, it forms almost a sort of bubble.

Is this normal? It may be just the first time I noticed it, not sure.
That is normal. The med is injected right under the skin and in takes awhile for you body to absorb the med.
01-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #3
EthanPSU

My Support Groups:
Thanks, I figured that, just wanted to double check.
02-08-2013, 03:17 AM   #4
Thermo

Yup its normal, since it's created each injection you get will be a little bit different and have slightly different amounts of medications in it. I have had injections swell my eye, my leg, cause a flare and a large amount of inching sometimes. I have just come to the conclusion that you will know if something isreally wrong everything else is just part of the 'fun' of discovery.

Meds - Humira, B-12 Injections, Vitamin D, Iron, VSL#3

Surgery - Open Ileocolic Resection July 24, 2012 (44cm removed 17 inches including appendix)

My Advice: Find a good GI, Primary Doctor, Optician, and spouse and stick with them, don't be afraid of the Biologics and 6 MP's if you hit the disease hard at diagnosis you fight off the natural progression and have a better quality of life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC2VyIxiWmk

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Bubble right after injection? Normal?