Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Seeing new GI tomorrow

01-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
lilninja

Seeing new GI tomorrow

Hello

I'm a little nervous to see a new Dr tomorrow. I'm not sure what to ask or say. I've only had the one GI since being diagnosed 3 years ago. She was assigned to me at the hospital. I don't feel like she and her staff are on top of things anymore, so I'm hoping this one will be better. If anyone has any advice or questions to ask please let me know thx
01-29-2013, 12:10 AM   #2
seebee

My Support Groups:
Sorry can't be much of a help in the switching of GI department. I've had the same one since diagnosis. But there is one thing that I can do - wish you
01-29-2013, 03:18 AM   #3
hainman

My Support Groups:
good luck lilninja....im thinking about doing the same as my GI seems to be dragging his heels with regards to my impending op.been waiting for him to do a referal letter to surgeon for 2 months and slowly loosing patience with him,even when i do have an app with him im lucky if i heat the chair up.
good luck.....its your right to have faith in the people who are meant to make you better,
01-29-2013, 03:36 AM   #4
LindaS

My Support Groups:
Good luck with the new GI. It is hard to find one you trust and feel comfortable with.
01-29-2013, 07:34 AM   #5
shamrock15
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
It's not fun to have to change GI's, especially when it is a matter of trust. I had to do this 3 years ago, but have not regretted my decision at all. I don't think there are any really new questions that you should have, except maybe make certain your new GI can justify his decisions - maybe ask him if he incorporates new ideas into his treatments. Good luck, hope your change is as successful as mine was.
01-29-2013, 08:54 AM   #6
UnXmas
Banned

My Support Groups:
I always get stressed when I see a new doctor. Is there anything particular worrying you?

I know I've found that some doctors don't like patients who have too many ideas of their own regarding the tests, treatment, etc. that they want. So it may be a good thing if you find you don't have a clear idea of what you need from the appointment - you can let the doctor come up with suggestions, which he/she will probably prefer.

It's always a good idea to discuss any symptoms that are bothering you, make sure the doctor knows what medications you're on, and discuss a plan for future treatment (even if that's just monitoring your condition).
01-30-2013, 12:27 AM   #7
seebee

My Support Groups:
Just checking in to see how things went
01-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #8
lilninja

I went to my new GI last night. I'm so glad I went. I feel like she understands what I'm going thru. She wants me to start vitiman d/ calcium right away ( something my last GI never told me). She is sending me for blood work and a bone density test. She wants to do a scope in a few months after we give imuran a change to work and my body to heal. I hope things work out with this GI!
01-30-2013, 10:31 PM   #9
seebee

My Support Groups:
I'm so glad that you are happy with her! That is a good idea to scope only after allowing the imuran to do its magic.
01-31-2013, 12:22 AM   #10
CrohnsChicago
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
It feels so great when you find a doc that you feel listens to you! Glad you are able to have such a doc. My old GI was great but I'm starting to think my new GI is even better and I'm very fortunate. Good luck with your test results and I hope your new GI continues to be awesome!

Feel better!

I went to my new GI last night. I'm so glad I went. I feel like she understands what I'm going thru. She wants me to start vitiman d/ calcium right away ( something my last GI never told me). She is sending me for blood work and a bone density test. She wants to do a scope in a few months after we give imuran a change to work and my body to heal. I hope things work out with this GI!
Past Meds:
Prednisone/ Entocort / Flagyl
Current Supplements:
B12 Shot (1cc/mo) / Multivitamin / Vitamin D (1000iu) / Calcium (1200mg) / Omega 3 Fish Oil (4800mg)
Additional Info:
Anemia/Borderline Anemia - whole life
Generalized Anxiety Disorder - 2009 (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, mindfulness meditation)

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Seeing new GI tomorrow