• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Thinking positive through cooking

Although having being recently diagnosed with CD and I could quite easily dip into feeling low or negative thoughts, I decided to do a little baking and cooking.

So on a positive note I have done some baking and cooking on a basic easy level and also using it to discover what I can and cannot eat. All my ingredients are fresh and cooked daily and it's my way of taking my mind off the situation and focussing on the positive

Hope people don't mind me sharing my recipes which so far have not caused any issues

Shepherds Pie
Toad in the Hole
Steak and Ale Pie
Salmon and Dalad
Five spices chicken and salad
Pea and Ham Soup
Corned Beef Hash with pancakes
Bean Toasties
Flap Jack
Chocolate Fudge with Pistachio

Tomorrow it's Lemon Merangue Pie, not sure about the lemon but as it turns to a curd I am hoping it will be ok :thumright:

I have just bought a toastie and griddle to make hot toasted sandwiches for fresh snacks

I do that same thing!!!! Its so much fun! And you make recipes you never thought you would!...Keep up the great work :)