• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Have you done a juice cleanse?

Hey Guys,
So i do like to juice when i wake up but was thinking of doing a juice cleanse for 2 days to give my intestines a break from digesting and help it. heard it helps with keeping the guts happy.

I was wondering if you did it and if you did, what did you do? what juices did you stick with?

Thanks! :)

I've done several. I would stick to more leafy green veggies, high water content veggies, with a side of apple, just fruits alone are way too cleansing for most people. Veggies slow down the cleansing process least compare to fruits but give you more balance.

Edit: Saw the link provided above yeah that would be a great place to start for juicing recipes.

SO i was about to start my cleanse after all your helpful tips and looking into juicing more but my GI highly recommended i did not do it. He said it would not benefit me much... wonder if this is just a very "Western medicine" style of thinking ...

I suggest that you take some and leave some... and see what works for you. My GI has told me more than once that my diet has nothing to do with it. What a joke! I've been on remicade for about 2 weeks now, and imuran for about a year. Been juicing since christmas. I haven't yet done a juice fast but my daily diets consists of about 75% juice and 25% crohnnie permitted solid foods. I've been feeling pretty good. Great way to give your gut and your bum a break. Been dealing with fistulas and the works, and the combination of the meds, the juices and really watching what i eat has been helping a great deal. Hope you find your balance!