Share Facebook

06-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #181
Crohn's gal since 1989

My Support Groups:
Ok so I'm going to ask this question cause it's been bothering me a lot. Does anyone else feel that because you have a chronic illness you would not be able to find someone to get into a relationship. I feel like I'm at a huge disadvantage because of my crohns and that no one would want to get involved with me. I hate being alone and going through a divorce and thinking of my crohns I feel like I'm going to spend the rest of my life alone. I was just wondering if anyone else feels this way.
I had my diagnosis of Crohn's when I met my husband. I'm lucky because he is extremely supportive (his dad's a crohnie too). We dated for almost 3 years and will be married 15 years this November. I never felt like any of my relationships before him felt frightened/threatened by my Crohn's.
06-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #182
mccindy

My Support Groups:
Hooray! I'm so excited for you! Vindication at last. I'm glad to hear that she had to pay you, finally.

current diagnosis is undiagnosed (possible Celiac disease)

Colonoscopy done August 2013, no evidence of Crohn's seen, biopsies done and one polyp removed.
Polyp is precancerous adenoma

(Diagnosed with a diffuse astrocytoma (brain tumor) 5/31/13.
Craniotomy with tumor resection performed July 2013. 99% of WHO grade II diffuse astrocytoma removed, MRI scheduled every 6 months to monitor for regrowth.)
06-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #183
mwkwmn
Forum Monitor

Thank you guys so much you all are so wonderful I am so happy I found you cause your the true meaning of good friends amen.
Adrenal insufficiency 2005
Blood clots 2006
Low testosterone 2006
Osteoporosis 2011

Meeds
Prednisone 7.5 mg
Lortab
Zoloft
Coumadin
Entocort
B 12 inj
Testosterone inj
Citrical with D
06-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #184
mwkwmn
Forum Monitor

Just an update my house is now in a short sale and foreclosure. I will have to start looking for a place to rent possibly very soon. My soon to be ex is still wanting more of our furniture and marital belongings so we are still hashing that out. I should lose my health insurance by the end of the month and will have to try and get on ky access. My soon to be ex wants reimbursement for carrying my daughter on the family plan which didn't cost her anymore money. I think over the last few days my mind set has changed and I have lost all respect for my ex and I see a very self-centered greedy person. Even though I'm alone I'm starting to deal with reality and the transition and I can tell you it would not have been possible without all of your prayers,support and comments. I still have a way to go but I just wanted to let you know how much I value this forum and the people within. My scopes came back with active crohns just above the anastamosis and I have a hiatal hernia and diverticulosis t/o my entire colon. They are putting me back on tysabri and hopefully I will get relief from the medication. Thanks again to everyone I'll keep you posted as I travel down this path.
06-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #185
723crossroads
Banned

My Support Groups:
I have a feeling you are definately on the right path now in your thinking and everyway! I am so happy you are facing the truth and seeing her for who she really is now. I pray you stay strong and don't let her take anymore furniture than she is supposed to, ok? You have been through enough and she has hurt you everyway she can. Your turn for victory. You don't owe her anything for daughter's medical either. If it wasn't in the court documents, then don't worry about it! Talk to you soon!!!T
07-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #186
mwkwmn
Forum Monitor

It's been a while since I've been on here but I wanted to let everyone know what was going on. My crohns is worse but I'm scheduled to start tysabri again tomorrow. My soon to be ex and I had a court date yesterday over property settlement and she was just in a stare not really communicating very much. She also told me she wanted out of the law suit against our business partners. Needless to say I'm confused of her actions. It's almost like I don't even know this person anymore. I havevput the house in realtor hands and we have four offers so far so maybe I'll be able to sale the house. I'll have to find a place to live then but I'm ready to leave this house to many memories. Thank you for listening and any advice is welcome.
07-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #187
723crossroads
Banned

My Support Groups:
My advice is to keep moving forward and trying to forget this person because she doesn't exist anymore. She sounds cold and distant and removed emotionally altogether. Just trust the good Lord to get you through the next phases and then you can truly begin again. I pray for peace for you and God's blessings!
07-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #188
mwkwmn
Forum Monitor

Thank you Teresa I will have to say that god has helped me this far and I know he's going to continue. It's hard and sometimes confusing but I am still moving in the right direction.
07-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #189
723crossroads
Banned

My Support Groups:
and you will keep on doing that because he has given you strength!!!
07-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #190
mccindy

My Support Groups:
Obvioulsly she has changed from te person you once knew. Forget about her, sell your house and move on. Someday soon you will find a fabulous girl yo will fall in love with! And yor life will get better. I'm glad to hear that that part of your life is behind you. Sorro to hear your Crohn's is worse I hope thenew meds work for you.
07-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #191
mwkwmn
Forum Monitor

Hi all I have not been on in a while due to a recent hospital stay. I had a double dose of a crohns flare and adrenal insufficiency. They started me back on prednisone and cortef. I am home now but still pretty weak. The drs told me I had to let the stress go because it was bothering my adrenal issues and crohns ha ha. I think it's time I let go of the past and start working on the future which is very hard to do. One positive note I think I have the house sold so I will be looking for a place to live and I think that will help me getting out of the house my ex and I had. I really appreciate all of your kind words and suggestions throughout this ordeal it helped greatly. I will keep you up to date as things unwind.
07-29-2013, 12:08 AM   #192
723crossroads
Banned

My Support Groups:
Awww!!! Sorry you were again in the hospital. Hoping everything goes great now along with your attitude! God bless you my friend!