• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Skin rash on Methotrexate?

Hey everyone - I could really use some advice.

I've got some really bad itching on my face - expecially around my cheeks and jawline. The skin looks really flushed and red which is unusal for me as I'm ususally white from anaemeia.
It started to get really bad on hursday when I took my methotrexate but I know that people with Crohn's can get rashes etc...

But basically, it is driving me mad and I was wondering if anyone has gone through itching on their face like this and what methods they had to combat it?

Laura B

i get itching but mine is from the pain killers i am on as there a opiod -

i have strong antihistamine tablets for stopping sickness from the above but as a side affect there very good at stopping the itching.

try hayfever tablets or better still you can get antihistamine cream from the chemist.