• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Not sure what is going to happen next

HI there, I had an abscess that was treated with antibiotics then 2 weeks later I'm getting surgery. Seton surgery and then eventually fistula.

My surgeon said it was deep. Not good news. I had surgery last Monday and I've had some rough days.

I see my surgeon on Wed. and I don't know what to ask; herbal remedies, diet, physical therapy because I"m using weird muscles to hold myself up....

He wants to do flap surgery but I don't know enough about it or successes. In fact, I don't know anyone who has been through what I have.

Work wants me back at the end of the month, and I believe I'll need to take sitz baths and stand while I work at a sit down job. I take the train to work and a shuttle and I'm not sure how well that will go either.

I'm just dealing. I have not been diagnosed with Crohns but who knows. I could. I know that people here have been through what I'm going through and I'm hoping for information, support and treatment/coping options.
Thank you all.
Netteifaye:heart:

Hi Nettiefaye. Welcome to the forum. I am sorry that you have been dealing with an abscess and now fisutula. I had a small anal abscess, fissure and fistula and it was incredibly painful. I too had surgery, and am feeling much better.

I am not sure that I can be much help to you, but I know that there are many on this forum who have dealt with similar issues. Take a look around and you'll find plenty of information. Fistulas can be difficult to manage, especially if they are deep. I feel for you. I am not sure what to tell you about your job. You should find out what the surgeon thinks the recovery time will be, so that you can better advise your supervisor. Sitz baths do help...and they are hard to do at work ;-)

I hope you are feeling better soon.
Lisa

SarahBear

Welcome to the forum, Nettiefaye!

Unfortunately, I don't have any advice for you. But if you check around the Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses section, here, I'm sure you can find some advice and support. :) Feel free to post there also, if you want.

:hug: I hope things go well!