• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Trying to Be happy and keep up

Hello, all I have read this for a long time even followed on TWITTER and been thinking to myself should I speak should I not....I Read on here quite alot.....I am a younger guy I am 23 years old....I been feeling and dealing with this sense a young child but it didn't get worse until about 19...I at the time just thought it was my lifestyle I was living, partying, college, drinking, dancing, among trying different things, But I found out that stuff was the reason I would have flare ups....I have stopped all that...But I still have flare ups .... I once had dreams and hopes...and I try to hold on to them but I Feel like I will never be HAPPY...sometimes I wait around and CRY all day long wishing someone understood me, wishing someone could help me...I take almost 8 medications nothing works even tried to stop for years still nothing works....I am unable to hold a job down cause just last year I Was in the HOSPITAL 17 times and this year of 2013 just started and already been in there two times.....

But to some suffering I will say I do Believe in GOD and I PRAY AND PRAY...I write music and write novels I can only hope one day that I get notice and see my books and stuff out...I was angry for a while...Even had some addictions to take my mind off the pain.....its really bad sometimes I am up all night with this thank you all any replies I Will reply back and I will share more of my life story...I just wanted you all to meet me MisterLoney cause I am always Lonely trust me hope to hear from you all GOD BLESS

Astra

Hiya Misterlonely
and welcome

Hopefully you won't be lonely for long, loads of Crohnie friends here for you!
We all understand how you feel, and it will get easier, I promise.
Any questions, just shout!
Lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear you are still struggling with the tum :( What symptoms do you still get? What meds are you on at the moment? How often are you seeing your doc for checks ups and do you know whether your vitamin levels have ever been checked? Do you notice any improvement depending on what you eat?

There is a lot of helpful info and support here for you so please have a good look around.

AB
xx

Please dont feel lonely coz i can assure you u are not alone, have u speaked to your doctor possible abot depression, its nothing to be ashamed about it happens to us all.

Its a horrible thing we are dealing with and i promise it does get easier stay strong x

Stacey x

Hiya Misterlonely
and welcome

Hopefully you won't be lonely for long, loads of Crohnie friends here for you!
We all understand how you feel, and it will get easier, I promise.
Any questions, just shout!
Lotsa luv
Joan xxx
That is what I need a lot of friends because it does GET LONELY I am sometimes even scared to leave out my house....What medicines have helped you?

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear you are still struggling with the tum :( What symptoms do you still get? What meds are you on at the moment? How often are you seeing your doc for checks ups and do you know whether your vitamin levels have ever been checked? Do you notice any improvement depending on what you eat?

There is a lot of helpful info and support here for you so please have a good look around.

AB
xx
Yes it hurts almost all the time well I am in PAIN NOW actually and feeling like throwing up all the time...I actually am unable to go to the doctor my father passed away in AUG and lost my insurance and I haven't been able to work cause well I am always sick....I do get them checked when I go to the ER But I do drink ensure and alot of other things as wellll...
I get nauseous diarehha and other things as well

I take ONDANSETRON
HYOSCYAMINE
PANTOPRAZOLE
PROMETHIZINE

Please dont feel lonely coz i can assure you u are not alone, have u speaked to your doctor possible abot depression, its nothing to be ashamed about it happens to us all.

Its a horrible thing we are dealing with and i promise it does get easier stay strong x

Stacey x
I actually am looking into that now because I do think that is something that can be making my issues worse as well cause I know my body all works together ......and your right I shouldn't be ashamed!!!!

Angrybird

Is there anyway you can get health assistance/go to a free clinic? I think you really need to be able to see a doc who can do a proper check on disease activity and I have seen here that you can apply for some of the meds for crohn's at a much reduced cost. Food wise what are you eating at the moment?

Is there anyway you can get health assistance/go to a free clinic? I think you really need to be able to see a doc who can do a proper check on disease activity and I have seen here that you can apply for some of the meds for crohn's at a much reduced cost. Food wise what are you eating at the moment?
That is what I am working on and well like I thought though I eat yogurt, grilled chicken, but sometimes I have no desire to eat and just to take my medicine i will eat a sandwhich or drink some ensure......

I will keep you updated and thank you SO MUCH FOR YOUR words really

Hi! Fellow 20-something from Georgia checking in!

You never mentioned...have you been diagnosed with an IBD? I see you've been prescribed hyoscyamine which is generally for cramps related to IBS. I don't know if many people with IBD take that - I think it may even have adverse effects, but not totally sure.

Hi! Fellow 20-something from Georgia checking in!

You never mentioned...have you been diagnosed with an IBD? I see you've been prescribed hyoscyamine which is generally for cramps related to IBS. I don't know if many people with IBD take that - I think it may even have adverse effects, but not totally sure.
SORRY I do have IBS but I take that because I do have stomach spasm I haven't been diagnosed with IBD...BUT I Do have IBS

Gotcha. I think I may have IBS too...my doctor thinks it is not IBD because of various tests, colonoscopy and endoscopy.

What tests did you have while you were in the hospital so much last year and this year? What were the results? Any leads?

I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering so much. Have you filed for medical assistance? Disability? Children under the age of 1 have been diagnosed with IBS and other related illnesses, so yours was not caused by excessive partying. If it was was, most college students would suffer from it.

I hope you are able to obtain some assistance for your depression as well. Please take care of yourself. ((((((Hugs!)))))))

Gotcha. I think I may have IBS too...my doctor thinks it is not IBD because of various tests, colonoscopy and endoscopy.

What tests did you have while you were in the hospital so much last year and this year? What were the results? Any leads?
The mosly all said the same thing that I had A FLARE up...EITHER I didn't eat anything and my body started making its on which caused issues....
and I had many test ...

I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering so much. Have you filed for medical assistance? Disability? Children under the age of 1 have been diagnosed with IBS and other related illnesses, so yours was not caused by excessive partying. If it was was, most college students would suffer from it.

I hope you are able to obtain some assistance for your depression as well. Please take care of yourself. ((((((Hugs!)))))))
Thank you so much and yes I am applying for all that been trying for two years caue every single time I get a job I end up getting fired or calling out to much and its just so hard

Hey dude,
It sounds like me talking, i'm 23, i have Crohns and i play music also, can't say i write novels but i'm obviously not as gifted as you :) I used to play all the time, gigging, meeting people, studying it at university and that's all ground to a halt since i've had Crohns. Jamie

Last edited:
Hey dude,
It sounds like me talking, i'm 23, i have Crohns and i play music also, can't say i write novels but i'm obviously not as gifted as you :) I used to play all the time, gigging, meeting people, studying it at university and that's all ground to a halt since i've had Crohns. Jamie
SORRY just now getting back to you been a little upset man...Thank for your SUPPORT man...I use to be all that to but now I just sit at home I don't even think I have talent anymore you know what I mean? Cause I am always sick I just feel like talent doesn't even matter anymore...you know???