Share Facebook

05-05-2014, 04:08 PM   #1201
theOcean

My Support Groups:
Me too! I used to follow Big Bang, G-Dragon, Super Junior, SNSD, f(x), Brown Eyed Girls, 2NE1... I don't listen to them too much now, but still like them. I remember I used to really like Han Geng from Super Junior-M but he also left around the time I got into them.

And oh gosh, my j-pop days. I used to be suuuuper obsessed with Miyavi when I was younger, as well as Nana Kitade and Ayumi Hamasaki... I also love love love Shiina Ringo, though that's not exactly "pop" Oh! I also still listen to Perfume on and off and want to hunt down their albums again, haha. (And then listen to the occasional Kyary song and stare in awe at her videos.)

Was the Utadu Hikaru perhaps related to Kingdom Hearts at all?
Unrelated Medication: 36mg Concerta, 75mg Pregabalin
Currently: In remission!
05-05-2014, 04:33 PM   #1202
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Yes, Utada did the theme songs for the first 2 Kingdom Hearts games and that's how I first heard of her and subsequently got into J-pop. I think that's how most non Japanese speakers have heard of Utada! I miss her music but I completely understand and agree with her reasons for walking away. Plus, she did release one new song since she walked away, and she may release more, so she hasn't been totally absent from the music world. It's still up in the air as to whether or not she'll do the Kingdom Hearts 3 theme song - I read that if she doesn't do it, Disney will get Demi Lovato to do the KH3 theme. Barf! I *so* need Utada to do the KH3 theme!

Ah, so you're a G-Dragon fan? Is he your favorite member of Big Bang? Because I'm rather obsessed with TOP myself - that man is so beautiful it should be illegal. I actually started watching K-dramas because of TOP - he had a minor role in a show called Iris, and it was really good in spite of the fact that TOP was only in about every 3rd episode for about 2 minutes each appearance. So that got me hooked and I have watched a handful of different K-dramas to completion at this point. I'm currently watching Angel Eyes (because Seungri from Big Bang is in it, ha ha) and it's soooo goooood but also kind of silly.

Kyary kind of scares me. You know that J-pop "singer" who is really a robot? And I think there's one who's really a hologram too? I think Kyary is something along those lines. She's not quite human. Those 48-member girl groups scare me, too, like AKB48. I don't understand the appeal of a group with 48 members - how do you pick your favorite one?? And more seriously, I don't like that the girls are so strictly governed - they aren't allowed to have a boyfriend or even go on a date. That's so wrong!
05-05-2014, 05:08 PM   #1203
theOcean

My Support Groups:
Had a feeling! And oh gosh, Demi Lovato, no thank you. I think I ended up getting introduced to a lot of j-pop music either through video games or anime I ended up watching. And I have a feeling if Utada Hikaru doesn't end up doing the KH3 theme, a loooot of fans will be upset about it.

I was following GD for a bit, yeah! Although I keep hearing pretty negative things about him lately (mostly about him being racist/doing blackface, ugh). He was my favourite at the time, though... I have a bunch of friends into TOP.

Oh! Do you mean the vocaloid, Miku Hatsune? I was actually super into those for awhile, and really loved following videos of them. It was just so interesting, because the characters were totally developed by the fans, and vary from video to video with the exception of a few traits usually. So I liked that each song was usually its own "story" and often had really interesting iterations of those characters. They're basically voice-bank software with illustrated character models that've been pretty glorified, though. But they've gotten so popular that they've even given hologram concerts that people have gone to.

And oh my god, yeah. I don't understand how a group can have that many members. Super Junior and even SNSD was bad enough! And ugh, yeah, there's a lot of misogyny in those companies Guys in these groups will get away with soooo much, but then the girls -- like you said -- can't even have a date.
05-05-2014, 08:26 PM   #1204
hawkeye
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I thought Big Bang was just a TV show

Diagnosed since 1990
Current Medications: None currently. Was on Imuran (150mg/day) and 5-ASA (3000 mg/day) as maintenance meds prior to surgery
Surgeries: Left hemicolectomy 2014.
05-05-2014, 08:54 PM   #1205
theOcean

My Support Groups:
Big Bang Theory is a TV show! Big Bang is a Korean boyband.
05-06-2014, 10:17 AM   #1206
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Yes, and it's annoying when I'm trying to google Big Bang and I get a bunch of results from that TV show and not the K-pop group.

TheOcean, yes, many fans will be quite upset about KH3 if Utada isn't involved - myself included. Her father really upset the fans too, on Twitter he was asked if Utada is going to do the KH3 theme song, and at first he said yes. So a lot of fans were like, it's confirmed! But then a couple days later, Utada's dad redacted that and said something to the effect of, he was confused by the question and they're still not sure if Utada will do the KH3 theme. And now there's a lot of confusing info floating around online because some people are still under the mistaken impression that it's been confirmed.

I suppose I should give a fitness update. I hit the gym yesterday and felt great. Last night my sinuses felt a bit iffy so I took a benadryl before bed, but my sinuses feel a bit worse today and it's starting to feel as if a new migraine may form due to the sinus pressure. UGH. So sick of these recurrent migraines. I got nauseous today too, like nauseous enough to feel the color drain from my face, so I had to take a Zofran. So, I'm not doing super great today. It's definitely a rest day today with how I'm feeling, and I'll hit the gym tomorrow if I'm feeling up to it.

I see my GI next week, and I'm not even sure what I should tell him - I want to stay on Entocort awhile longer to get my guts under control, but at the same time I kind of want to come off of it because the migraines are really knocking me down. I am more on board with the idea of staying on Entocort for awhile longer though - the migraines suck, but I've already come this far and I want to get my guts back into remission so that I can feel more or less like a human on a daily basis again. I'm not going to get into remission without Entocort, so I think I just need to muddle through a bit longer. So then, I'm not sure if I should even tell my GI about the migraines - he won't be able to do anything about it but it might make him want to take me off Entocort. So should I lie to him and say I'm doing fine? I don't really know what to say to him. Maybe I'll downplay it and say I've had a few headaches but remission is my primary goal.
05-06-2014, 05:34 PM   #1207
hawkeye
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Why not ask him about the about the migraines, maybe the issue has come up with some of his other patients and he can suggest something. Can he prescribe anything for them?
05-07-2014, 01:37 AM   #1208
kel
Forum Monitor

Does pred give you the same problem?
05-07-2014, 09:07 AM   #1209
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Hawkeye, I have already asked my primary care doc about the migraines. He prescribed sumatriptan, which gave me rebound migraines, so that is no good for me. When I told him about the rebound migraines and asked if there was anything else I could try, he only said that I can take Zofran for nausea with my migraines. So basically no, my doctor seems to not be able to give me anything else for the migraines. I just have to deal with them.

Kel, I was only ever on pred for very short times. I did a trial of 5 days on pred to see if it'd work for me and it worked fabulously - my GI then decided he'd put me on it for longer, but after 6 days of that he changed his mind and decided he wanted me to do more tests first. After that round of tests, he put me on Entocort which did get me into remission (that was about 3.5 years ago) so I know it works, it's just that it has a sucky side effect of giving me headaches & migraines. I was on name-brand Entocort before and I'm on generic Budesonide now, and I think the migraines are worse this time around - I'm not sure if that has anything to do with generic vs name brand or not. (The name-brand is much more expensive so cost-wise I prefer the generic, I don't think a generic was available 3.5 years ago so I could only take the name-brand back then.) So long story short, I was never on pred long enough to get many side effects from it. I remember having euphoria and not being able to sleep very well, but feeling so fabulous that I didn't care that I was up all night - those are the only side effects from pred that I seemed to get. I don't recall headaches during those handful of days that I was on pred.

Anyway. Yesterday was a rest day and that did me quite a bit of good. I still feel like I may be on the verge of a migraine, but it hasn't fully manifested yet and it is very tolerable right now (it's more sinus/head pressure than it is pain right now). I am planning on hitting the gym today. Tomorrow, we'll see how I feel - it's supposed to be warm but maybe thunderstorms. If it's warm and not raining, I may go for a bike ride in the evening. If it's raining or if a storm looks imminent then I'll likely either do yoga or the stationary bike. Friday I plan to hit the gym again, and Saturday I'm going to go to some garage sales and then I might drag hubby out to play tennis with me. There are tennis courts right near our house and we've never used them, so I feel like we need to play tennis there at least once - if nothing else, to remind ourselves that we suck at tennis and that tennis is hard. It seems like a good workout though so I want to try it!
05-08-2014, 09:44 AM   #1210
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Update 5/8/14: I hit the gym yesterday and that went great, I felt really strong. In spite of being on the verge of a migraine all week (it still hasn't really manifested yet), I've had some reallys trong workouts lately! Today the weather is super weird, we're in a mini heat-wave - it's going to be 80 degrees out today (it's been in the 50s/60s on average lately) and it's super muggy and humid out. We're supposed to get thunderstorms later tonight - I'm hoping the storms avoid us so that I can take advantage of the warm weather and do a bike ride. My guts don't like heat & humidity, but they've been pretty quiet since I've been on 6 mg Entocort, so I'm hoping they comply. If it's storming this evening then I might just do the stationary bike at home. Although, the bad hip is feeling a bit iffy already, which usually indicates a big storm is headed this way. I may just end up resting the hip if it gets worse. We'll see what happens, it's just going to be dependent on the weather!

Tomorrow is supposed to be back to our normal weather and I plan to hit the gym with hubby tomorrow evening. Oh, speaking of hubby - he's got his 2nd interview at the bakery place scheduled for Monday! Since the job would be working overnight shifts, they want him to go in for the interview late in the evening on Monday so that he can meet the other people in the bakery staff and make sure he's a good fit with them and stuff like that. So, hopefully by Tuesday morning we should know something about whether he gets the job. We've been seriously poor lately, to the point that I'm hoarding food even more than usual (I think I was a squirrel in a past life, ha ha). When we have a bit of extra money, I'm like, let's buy groceries to put in the freezer or in the pantry so that we have it for later! So if hubby gets this job, I will hopefully be able to relax a little and buy groceries like a normal person without hoarding food quite as much.
05-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #1211
theOcean

My Support Groups:
Congratulations to your husband on getting a second interview! I hope it goes well.

Maybe if he gets it you'll get some free bakery goodies to squirrel away as well.
05-08-2014, 01:26 PM   #1212
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Thanks! And yeah, I'm sure there will be delicious baked goods in my future if he gets this job - they may not get squirreled away in my pantry, they may just end up squirreled away in my stomach. If he does get the job, he'll be working overnights, so presumably he'll be coming home just as I'm getting ready to leave for work myself - so, if I can resist eating the bakery foods myself, I could always bring them to work with me and share with my co-workers. That's IF I can resist eating them all myself, ha ha!
05-08-2014, 07:54 PM   #1213
hawkeye
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Nice fresh butter croissants and pastries for breakfast....
05-09-2014, 09:06 AM   #1214
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Yumm, breakfast pastries. *drool*

Update 5/9/14: I took a bike ride last night. Didn't go too far (I think I went about 6-7 miles), just wanted to take a short-ish ride. That felt pretty good although my abdomen felt fairly sore afterwards - that's my main trouble with bike rides, is that balancing & steering the bike requires me to keep my core somewhat flexed during the entirety of the ride. It doesn't feel like I'm doing much with my core during the ride, but afterwards, my abdomen is often unhappy, sometimes to the point of causing a mini-flare or a bleeding episode or both. This time, I seem to just have gotten a bit of soreness, no flare symptoms & no blood, so it went fine all things considered! I stubbornly keep riding my bike, in spite of my abdomen often feeling crappy afterwards, in the hopes that if I can just build my core muscles up enough then maybe I'll eventually get to the point where these symptoms no longer happen after a bike ride. Wishful thinking and probably unrealistic, but I really enjoy riding my bike and I'm prepared to deal with feeling anywhere from meh to awful afterwards.

Today though, I'm feeling pretty unwell. My boss has had some sort of virus this week, she lost her voice and she had a fever. I think I've caught it, as I woke up feeling run down and with a sore throat, and now I'm feeling rather chilled so presumably a fever is coming on. I was really hoping to go to the gym tonight, so I'm drinking lots of tea and trying to get myself feeling better in the hopes that I can still go work out. But at this point, it's seeming like a workout tonight is unlikely, and I'll probably have to just rest so that I can recover from this virus or whatever it is. I hate missing a workout, but I also recognize that I shouldn't be exercising when I feel like this, and my body is asking me for rest and not gym time right now. So, it's very likely a rest day unless I make a miraculous recovery in the next few hours. Bleh.
05-09-2014, 10:14 AM   #1215
CrohnsChicago
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Sorry you aren't feeling well today Rest definitely sounds like the better option.

Do bike often? How frequently does this happen? You definitely have a high threshold for pain (as do most of us by now with this disease lol) in order to tolerate those reactions to bike riding. That's my biggest concern about working out is it causing a flare. The core is so essential to getting the rest of the body where it needs to be what other types of core exercises do you do?

Maybe some good stretching or light yoga would make you feel like you accomplished a workout today?

Feel better!
Past Meds:
Prednisone/ Entocort / Flagyl
Current Supplements:
B12 Shot (1cc/mo) / Multivitamin / Vitamin D (1000iu) / Calcium (1200mg) / Omega 3 Fish Oil (4800mg)
Additional Info:
Anemia/Borderline Anemia - whole life
Generalized Anxiety Disorder - 2009 (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, mindfulness meditation)

05-09-2014, 10:46 AM   #1216
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
I don't do a lot of core exercises to begin with - I have severe GERD, and the more I work my abdominals, the more I reflux. The gym I belong to has 3 different abdominals machines, and on a good day I do one of the three. On a not super good day (but a day that I can still hit the gym), I avoid the abdominals machines altogether.

I think I said this in a different thread, but my reflux isn't so bad if I'm doing an abdominal exercise that isn't a "squeeze-relax" type of exercise - stuff like situps or the abdominals machines in the gym I think of as being "squeeze-relax", and that type of motion does make me reflux a lot - every squeeze seems to send more reflux up my throat. But stuff like the plank, where it's even pressure and I'm holding still while working my core, that is much easier on my reflux and I feel it coming up my throat far less if at all. So I think bicycling is similar to that - I'm not squeezing & relaxing, I'm keeping even pressure on my core the whole time. But obviously a bike ride is a lot longer than a 30 second plank! And even though I don't feel like I'm putting much pressure on my core muscles, after an hour-long bike ride, it apparently adds up and sort of overwhelms my guts. I'm not sure exactly what's going on - not sure if my abdominal muscles are pushing on my guts or what. I get a very specific sort of pain & symptoms after a long bike ride that I don't feel any other time. It's sort of a churning angriness. It usually goes away within 1 to 4 days after the bike ride.

I should add, I started doing regular bike rides last year right around the time that they stopped making Asacol (which is when I think I fell out of remission) so that could be a key factor as well - I think the dominoes lined up perfectly with me not having my maintenance meds anymore and me putting too much pressure on my core muscles with the bike rides. That's when I first started bleeding - I was never a bleeder up until then (my GI says internal hemmies are the cause of my bleeding, so I guess they get irritated by bike rides?). Now that I've been on Entocort for a few months, I haven't passed blood at all in that time, so I felt more confident about being able to do a bike ride yesterday. I do have a bit of the churning angriness, but it's not nearly as bad as it could be. So bike riding is still upsetting my guts somewhat, but Entocort is acting as a buffer I think. I haven't passed any blood so far since my ride, either, so maybe Entocort is helping my hemmies? Not really sure.

I guess I should also add, all winter long I ride the stationary bike in the gym as my main source of cardio. But it's a recumbent-style bike, so I can sit back and just pedal. I don't need to use my core to maintain balance nor steering. My guts are absolutely fine with me riding the stationary bike, there's no churning angriness whatsoever after a ride on it. But, I find it SO boring! It drives me nuts to just sit there and pedal but not go anywhere. I love getting outside, breathing the fresh air, riding my bike through nature - the only drawback is the churning angriness in my guts afterwards. Yes, I do think it's worth it as long as I don't overdo it (I need to stick to rides less than 10 miles - last year I did a few 14 mile rides and I felt terrible for days afterwards). Of course, the odometer/speedometer on my bike no longer works so I'm just guesstimating distance. I think I did 6 or 7 miles yesterday. That distance seems relatively okay. I just need to remember to take it easier when I do bike rides outside. My inclination is to tackle big hills, go fast, ride as far as I can. I need to slow down, do less hills, and not go so far. It's difficult though because like I said, I don't really feel it in my guts until after my ride is over - it's only then that I realize I've caused myself some trouble.

This is way too long already, but yes, I think I must have a higher threshold for pain than I used to. I used to be such a wimp! This is kind of cheesy, but now I feel more like a warrior. Having a chronic illness or 4 really changes you inside and out.
05-09-2014, 05:04 PM   #1217
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Another quick update for today: I felt really fatigued up until lunchtime. I didn't feel hungry at all, but I knew I should get some calories, so I made myself eat. That went better than expected, the food sat well in my belly and gave me some energy, so I don't feel quite so bleh. I have a teeny bit of pep back in my step. But, my throat is still sore, and I can tell that things are still not "right", so I am going to just rest today. I will play it by ear and see how I'm feeling tomorrow, I hope I can get to the gym soon but I know I need to rest until I start getting over this virus or whatever it is.
05-12-2014, 10:46 AM   #1218
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Update 5/12/14: I didn't do anything over the weekend, no exercise at all. Friday & Saturday I felt like I was coming down with a cold/virus so I rested - Sunday my throat felt better, but I somehow wrenched my neck (that happens every so often - feels like a pinched nerve maybe?) so I spent all of Sunday with pain that radiated from my neck down into my upper back, shoulders, shoulder blades, etc. It's somewhat better today but not great. I may try some yoga this evening or I may rest, depending on how I feel later today. Don't want to make it worse by overdoing it or by doing the wrong thing.

Bleh. I hate having to rest so much with one thing after another! Can't wait until I'm able to hit the gym again - hopefully soon! It's been thunderstorming off and on the past few days so I haven't even been able to walk the dog - I literally sat on the couch all weekend and played computer games because I couldn't do much else. I hate that! I think the virus is out of my system, so I just have to get my neck feeling better and hopefully nothing else will come along to halt my fitness progress.

Soooo, I have no fitness plans yet for the week as I'm just going to play it by ear and see how I feel. As soon as I'm able to, I hope to hit the gym again! And if it ever stops storming, another bike ride would be nice too.
05-12-2014, 11:32 AM   #1219
CrohnsChicago
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Sending you a virtual bowl of soup!

Also a cookie because who doesn't love a cookie when they feel like yuck

Keep taking care of yourself and hope you feel better soon!
05-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #1220
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Thanks Chicago. I guess I should give some positive updates too - it isn't all doom and gloom. The good news is - I don't have a migraine! With these thunderstorms we've been having, I expected to get a migraine. I'm rather surprised that I didn't get one. Maybe I'm finally adjusting to the 6 mg dose of Entocort, or maybe it's a fluke. Either way, I'm happy that for once it's raining and I'm not having tremendous head pain.

Also, hubby is going for his 2nd interview at the bakery tonight! Since the job would be working overnights, they want him to go in when the other bakery staff is there so that he can see if he's a good fit with them. I'm probably going to be in bed by the time he gets home from the interview, but I may be too nervous to sleep. At any rate, we should hopefully know soon if he gets the job.

Oh, and I see my GI today. It's kind of odd because for once I don't have a long list of questions for him! I mostly just want to ask if I can stay on 6 mg of Entocort for a bit longer to ensure that I get into remission - even though this dose of Entocort has given me some trouble (namely migraines), I'd rather deal with the migraines and get back into remission, rather than stop taking it and go back into a flare. But, that's all I really wanted to talk to him about - usually I have a long list of questions for him. It might be a short appointment and that never happens! But that must mean I'm doing well if I don't have a zillion things to ask about, so I'm taking it as a good sign.
05-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #1221
theOcean

My Support Groups:
Aw, was wondering where you were over the weekend! I'm sorry to hear that you're still so run down from this mystery virus. At least you were able to get some good gaming time in? (Which games?)

Also so glad to hear your migraine finally cleared up! Even though this virus has been hitting you hard, it at least sounds like you have a few good things going for you, your husband's second interview included.

Maybe you could at least mention the migraines, and possibly get referred to a neurologist when you're at your appointment? Either way: good luck!
05-12-2014, 04:22 PM   #1222
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Another quick update: Saw my GI, and he said I can stay on 6 mg of Entocort for another 2-4 weeks at least, and longer if I'm still not feeling well enough to taper. I'm doing well at 6 mg, even though it's been giving me migraines, and I'm a bit hesitant to taper down to 3 mg. But, he did say that if I taper down and then flare up right away or get worsening symptoms, I can certainly go back up to 6 mg again. So there's a bit of a safety net in place. I just gotta get back into remission, that's the important part! Feeling cautiously optimistic that I can do it - still not sure that 2-4 weeks will enough, though. We'll see, I guess!

My neck is feeling a fair amount better, too. Still a bit painful, but as the day goes on it's improving, so that's a good sign. I think I will do a bit of yoga tonight, hopefully that will help my recovery from whatever this neck pain is. (My co-worker said he gets these same symptoms from time to time as well and he also suspects it's a pinched nerve.) If yoga goes well tonight, then I will attempt to do weights tomorrow. Gotta get back on track!
05-12-2014, 04:26 PM   #1223
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
TheOcean, I was writing my update as you posted! Yeah, I often take a sanity break from the forum on the weekends although I check in periodically to make sure there are no major issues. But yeah, I really had the wind knocked out of my sails this past weekend! Oh, and as for what games - The Sims 3, and Plants vs. Zombies. I just got a new laptop a month or two ago, my old laptop was slowly dying and it could no longer run any games (it could run solitaire and that's about it) and it even had a hard time with youtube videos, it'd freeze and chug and sometimes just crash. So a new laptop was needed, and now that I have it, I've been catching up on older games that I haven't been able to play for awhile - mostly the Sims, but also PvZ.
05-12-2014, 04:39 PM   #1224
theOcean

My Support Groups:
Oh gosh, I got so addicted to The Sims 3 for awhile, and I played it and modded it until I broke it on my old laptop, I think. I've sworn off of it until The Sims 4 comes out now. I'm really hoping it'll be good and have better customization! (And possibly less buggy, but EA doesn't inspire confidence in me.) And I play PvZ sometimes, too. I have PvZ2 on my iPhone and I'm so determined to get everything possible without spending a single cent on it. It's a "free to play" game so of course it gives you options to buy everything to make things easier. I refuse!

And aw, hope the neck pain goes away. I've had that before and dared to take an Aleve to help with it a little, just once. It's super painful, though.
05-12-2014, 04:50 PM   #1225
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Oh yeah, The Sims 3 has been really buggy for me too and I don't mod anything nor use any custom content for fear of more buggy-ness. The glitch that's frustrating me lately is, my main sim can't seem to get a job - he accepts the job, but when it's time to actually go to work, he glitches and suddenly disappears and re-appears at a different spot on the screen, but he won't ever go to work. When my old laptop was still able to run the Sims (it's been a few years), I had a sim who was in the park one day when the grim reaper sim appeared! But, he acted just like a regular townie and he said his name was Scot. So my sim married him, and their sim kids came out with pitch black skin and bright green eyes - very freaky! That was my favorite glitch, the grim sim appearing as a regular townie, but I haven't gotten it to happen on my new laptop just yet.

I don't have PvZ2 yet - I don't have a smartphone, and it doesn't yet seem to be available for PC nor for Kindle Fire. So I've just been replaying the original PvZ and trying to collect all the zen garden plants (please tell me the zen garden is in PvZ2 - it's not in the Kindle version of PvZ).

I took some tylenol for my neck pain - it didn't do much, but it did take the edge off a little bit. The pain has become tolerable enough that I can turn my head to either side without screeching pain, so that's promising. I think some yoga will help.
05-12-2014, 04:58 PM   #1226
theOcean

My Support Groups:
The one main one I found I absolutely needed was AwesomeMod, because it actually fixed most of the bugs that EA never bothered with. And that's a really strange glitch! I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but someone tried to find a fix for a job-related problem here. And oh my gosh, grim reaper kids. That's crazy!

And hmm, I'm not sure if there is a zen garden in 2, actually.
05-12-2014, 05:10 PM   #1227
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Yeah, I've noticed that EA isn't big on fixing bugs - but boy can they churn out the expansion packs! I think I saw an expansion pack called "Katy Perry stuff" or something like that - I don't think there's a need for a Katy Perry's stuff expansion pack. They're just getting silly now.

Oh, I'll be sad if there's no zen garden! That's like the main reason that I keep playing the original PvZ, I need to own all the plants and get the tree of wisdom as tall as possible.
05-13-2014, 10:16 AM   #1228
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Update 5/13/14: Well, yoga ended up not happening last night but not because I didn't want to. I got home from work and hubby already had dinner ready - he had forgotten that I had mentioned the possibility of doing yoga. I can't eat and then work out, and he made a really nice dinner that would have been cold & dried out if I let it sit around while I did yoga, so I decided to forgo yoga and eat the nice dinner instead.

I'm feeling relatively well today - my neck pain is almost completely gone, virus is gone, no migraine, guts are quiet, joints are quiet - can't ask for much more than that! So I'm going to go hit the weights today. I'll probably take it a little bit easy since it's been a few days since I've worked out, don't want to push myself too hard. I'm excited though, I missed the gym!

Oh, so about hubby's job interview - it apparently basically didn't happen. The manager or whatever of the bakery, apparently he couldn't come last night, but he didn't bother to let hubby know that. So hubby showed up and there was some other manager who had no idea what was going on. He introduced hubby to the bakery crew and showed him around, but it wasn't a full interview. The first manager, the one who didn't show up - I guess he had told hubby that the interview would be about 2 hours, but with this other clueless manager hubby was only there for like 20 mins. Supposedly the first manager is going to call hubby today and... I don't know. Reschedule the interview I hope? Hubby said it was really dirty in there though so between the manager guy not showing up/not calling, and the place being dirty and kind of gross, he's not impressed and is seeming far less enthusiastic about the prospect of working there. So at this point, if he gets the bakery job, he'll accept it but he will only work there until he can find something better.
05-14-2014, 08:56 AM   #1229
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Update 5/14/14: I hit the gym yesterday and felt great, so I did push myself a little bit. Feeling a bit sore today, but that's a good feeling! Because of the soreness, I'll either make today a rest day, or I'll do something gentle - if the weather is nice tonight, I think I might take the dog to the park. A quick walk shouldn't hurt.

Tomorrow, it's back to the weights. Friday, not sure yet.
05-14-2014, 10:33 AM   #1230
theOcean

My Support Groups:
Yay! I've been feeling a bit sore since my session on Monday, too, but it always makes me feel like I've made some progress. Now I just need to motivate myself to go back today!

And I'm sorry to hear about the mess-up with your husband's second interview... as well as how he was disappointed with the cleanliness of the place. I know that would be pretty disappointing to me, too.