• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Scheduled for Pill Cam and Have Bronchitis

I am supposed to have the Pill Cam done in a couple of days. I was just diagnosed with Bronchitis yesterday and put on an antibiotic.

I really want to have the Pill Cam done badly, but don't know if its a good idea if I have Bronchitis.

Your thoughts are appreciated.
Jac

nogutsnoglory

I'd speak with your doctor. I would think its fine as long as they put you on a cough suppressant. Once it passes your chest area it's not going to come back up or be moved by your airways.

PsychoJane

I don't think the bronchitis would be a problem for the pill cam. I'd be more concerned about the antibiotic and how it can alter the actual IBD symptoms. Maybe it would worth asking your GI if it will be a problem for the validity of your exam. Otherwise, the pill cam really is of no concern as far as bronchitis go. I can see how the prep might be annoying as you can't eat as much as you want, but if you are not too weak from the bronchitis then, it should be fine I think.

Thanks everyone for your input.

I called the Drs. office and they said that the antibiotic is fine and would not interfere with the test results. I also asked them if the Entocort I take would interfere with the results, and they said "no".

I am very weak from a Crohn's flare and now the bronchitis on top of it.

The Dr's. office said it is no problem if I'm not "up to it", that they would just reschedule me.