• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My name is kitty and i have crohns!

K

kitty

my name is kitty and i have crohns!

actually ....kittys not my real name-but i do have crohns!:)
*sigh*weeeeell....i have only had this wonderful disease for 18months-a mere drop in the universe compared to some of you-but i bet i beat most of you in the age stakes...:eek:
i'm 48..:(
yes-thats right-forty -blinkin-eight!!
old or what?:sign0085: dont answer that!
but last year i didnt think i was gonna be this old...i thought i had me chips-it took eight months for a diagnosis ...by which time i'd nearly bought the farm, as they say.......but i am here to tell the tale-older(well,you know that!)not much wiser-'cept i know more about ibd!:lol: and definately grumpier-i mean-i was a grumpy soandso to start with but now?????
well....lets just say i am a weeny bit quicker to fly off the handle-on the upside-just sos you dont think i am a total aged monster-i do have a sharp sense of humour...gotta have one of those with you at all time-
going out?
bag
check.
toilet rolls(2 of)
check.
baby wipes
check.
sense of humour
check.
i'm on azathioprine,prednisolone and chocolate....crohns has given me rheumatoid arthritis in all joints most of the time,scleritis...so bad at one time i nearly lost an eye...as in-'nearly went blind'-not just lost as in 'where is it?....its a real boon to have both eyeballs as an artist i find....:eek: :thumright:
almost at the last chance saloon as regards a stoma-so-the future iwill be interesting-but at least i have one!wahey!
got a great forbearing husband,management-who does a great patient job of 'carrying me' when the going gets tough-nooooooo......not literally.

tho i am training him!:thumright:

anyway-thats me!
hi!:p
kitty

S

Sparrow

Hey Kitty welcome, this is a pretty good board with tons of :cool:people to talk to. Hey!, we have something in common, I'm on chocolate too!:lol: great med with no real side effects:thumright:

V

Valentina

Hi Kitty! glad you posted your story! and hope to bump into you around here lots. As always, love reading your posts, always makes me smile!

D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

Hi Kitty

:welcome: you have a good sense of humour hope to read many more posts from you

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome to the board kitty. You definately brought your sense of humour with you here, and that will definately help. So come on in and join in the fun with all of us.

K

kitty

thanks for the warm welcome folks!
see you around the board!
kitty
xx

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL

I am GRANDMA BEAR aka Karen & I am here to say WELCOME KITTY !! I am sure that you will make plenty of friends here so jump right in and have some fun and I look forward to reading more of your posts in the very near future !!

Hi Kitty,
Love the sense of humor..gotta have it with this disease..
or else you'll go crappy..err..crazy
Can't wait to see you around

K

Kate

hey kitty

nice to have some new faces here

All the best hun
Kate

D

DannyB

Hye Kitty,

Some of us around the site will very much like your chosen title since they are such avid cat lovers!! welcome to the forums.