• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Cherry Chip Cupcakes!

KWalker

Going along with Charleigh's cupcake recipe, the more treats the better!

http://www.wellfedhomestead.com/coconut-flour-cherry-chip-cupcakes

Ingredients

1/2 c coconut oil, melted where to buy coconut oil
6 eggs
pinch sea salt where to buy sea salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 c honey
3 tsp vanilla
1/2 c coconut flour where to buy coconut flour
1 1/2 c dehydrated cherries
Method

Put the dehydrated cherries into a food processor and pulse until they are little “chips,” set aside.
Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan and then let it cool a bit.
Mix up the eggs in a large bowl.
Add in the remaining ingredients except for the cherries, in order, stirring well with each addition (I use a wire whisk and then switch to a big spatula at the end when it gets thicker).
Pour in the coconut oil.
Fold the cherries in with a spatula.
Line a muffin pan with liners. (Or you could grease it, but I prefer liners because the pan is so much easier to clean afterwards!) This recipe makes 12 cupcakes.
Scoop the batter into the muffin cups (I use a big ice cream scoop to do this).
Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cupcakes are no longer wet in the middle and they are golden.
Top with Cherry Coconut Butter Ice Cream

Jer

I'll have to make those for the wife. She's gonna try and stick to the paleo with me, but it'll be a lot tougher for her. A treat like this will make it easier for her.

Last edited:

KWalker

That's great Jer. I hope you guys can stick to it because there are a lot of delicious foods allowed still

Jer

That's great Jer. I hope you guys can stick to it because there are a lot of delicious foods allowed still
Yea, I can def stick to it, I like the foods I eat. The wifey LOVES her carbs, so the trick will be to try and make some foods like this to give her that something that hits that craving.

She's been eating my paleo dinners for the past couple weeks and she's enjoyed every one of them. She just started to eat paleo as a whole, to try and lose a few lbs.

I get up at 5am and cook all of our meals for the day. If thats what it takes for her to stick to it, thats what I'll do.

KWalker

Wow that's great! It's a great way to raise a child too once she's old enough to eat normal food as well. Feel free to post some pics/recipes and have a look at some of the pics I've posted. The more food options we can share with eachother, the better.