Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Parents of Kids with IBD » CT scan - some thickening of proximal duodenum?

03-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #31
izzi'smom

My Support Groups:
What test would they do Catherine?? I don't know anymore what is best for her. We obviously need to know what's going on.

Pretty sure pillcam would not go anywhere as she is right now
DD's peds GI has placed pillcams with a scope...I am going to guess he can bypass the belly.
Angie, mom to Izzi,10 Crohn's Colitis 1/11 prednisone, entyvio since 2015 Tried: Tacrolimus, Bactrim, simponi, Levsin, Prevacid, Prednisilone, Humira, Remicade, EN via ng, vancomycin, Pentasa, carafate, Sulfasalazine, Cortifoam enemas, dietary changes, fish oil, VSL#3.
03-03-2013, 06:26 AM   #32
Niks
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
They don't actually do the pillcam at our hospital! Another reason to get her to another one.

I just wish things would hurry up for her. Vomiting up to 12 times day in day out, feeling so poorly and weak. Yet she still doesn't feel that she is sick enough to go in to hospital. I think she has just got used to feeling so bad and doesn't even remember what it feels like to feel well

Feeling pretty useless right now. Will be back on the phone to nurses first thing tomorrow morning. Their hearts must sink when they hear my voice!!
4. Osteopenia bordering on osteoporosis

Peristeen Irrigation every other day.
Citramag/Picolax

Waiting for bowel stimulator!
03-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #33
izzi'smom

My Support Groups:
If they are any good at their job,their hearts don't sink...except at the thought that your dd is still suffering. is she losing weight? This was always reason enough for us to go inpt
03-03-2013, 07:54 AM   #34
AZMOM

My Support Groups:
I second what Ang says. Poor dear.....

I got over caring what they think when they hear my voice, read my email, getting out my list, etc. yearsssss ago

J.

Mom to Claire - 11 going on 17

Dx JRA age 3, Crohn's age 6
Acute transverse myelitis at age 5

Started IVIG September 2016
Started Tacrolimus October 2016
Neurontin 100mg twice daily
Folic Acid
Calcium/D supplement
Daily Vitamin
Daily Probiotic

No more Enbrel, Stelara, Methotrexate, Allopurinal or 6MP
03-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #35
Niks
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Her pulse rate is 138! That's too high right!?

I think probably dehydration, she is trying very thinned down shakes, but not very successfully, I think she needs to go in for fluids.
03-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #36
Niks
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
She's losing about 2 lb a week still
03-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #37
dannysmom
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Poor thing! (and you too!) I think she needs to be brought in ... you can try the emergency at that better hospital right? Dehydration raises heart rate .... and with the vomiting for days she must need some IV fluids/nutrition.

(Danny's story)
03-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #38
AZMOM

My Support Groups:
Niks I'm with Dannysmom. Sounds like fluids are in order!

J.
03-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #39
Niks
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Poor thing! (and you too!) I think she needs to be brought in ... you can try the emergency at that better hospital right? Dehydration raises heart rate .... and with the vomiting for days she must need some IV fluids/nutrition.
She has vomited every day since Christmas!! It just gets worse. She was able to hold some food down, but not now.

Her Dad has picked her up!

Have said the same, we should go to hospital, she is not having any of it. Just hope her Dad will be able talk some sense into her!
03-03-2013, 08:54 AM   #40
izzi'smom

My Support Groups:
Agreed...hope you can do some convincing...she belongs in the hospital Hopefully SOMEONE will listen.
03-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #41
lukefarrell

My Support Groups:
Get her to the hospital! sounds like its been going on too long and she is severely dehydrated

On Azathioprine 100mg per day since 2003 and in remission since, however my crohns returned Feb 13.

Currently on:
- Budesonide 9mg per day
- Humira
03-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #42
Dexky
To save time...Ask Dusty!

My Support Groups:
Niks, I'm no expert (at anything) but I think the constant vomiting can cause some serious esophogeal problems on its own let alone the lack of fluid and nutrition she must be experiencing. I think it may be time to conk her over the head and drag to the er!! May be a good job for dad!! Good luck!

EJ dx w/ Crohn's 12/09
PSC 3/10

No more 6mp
Currently in the Humira Club
03-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #43
my little penguin
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I agree - ER time
Vomiting ( Constant) potentially can put you at risk for alot of things in the esophagus
http://www.medicinenet.com/vomiting_blood/symptoms.htm
http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/g...lux-000068.htm
03-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #44
upsetmom

My Support Groups:
I agree with everyone she needs to be in hospital.
03-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #45
CarolinAlaska
Holding It Together

My Support Groups:
Niks, maybe your daughter needs you and her dad to intervene for her. Sounds like she's given up. Regarding the MRE: I've heard of others on her who had an NJ tube placed for the contrast. Nausea/vomiting shouldn't be a stopper. Why isn't her GI advocating any solutions instead of leaving her to linger a slow death by starvation? She absolutely needs to be taken out from his care and brought to the other hospital to start afresh, and right away. The red eyes could also be inflammation from Crohn's (even if they are in denial as to that being the cause!) If she isn't hugely better today, call her dad today and both of you team up together to take her, whether she likes it or not. She'll appreciate it later. She can't go on like this.
Osteoporosis, Scoliosis, EDS, Asthma, Lymphedema, Epilepsy, Hla B-27 positive, gluten intolerant, thrombophlebitis, c.diff, depression, anxiety postural tachycardia/POTS and multiple food allergies.
03-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #46
Crohn's Mom

My Support Groups:
HI Niks...coming in late here, but jumping on the bandwagon of everyone who's saying she needs to be admitted ! If for nothing else, dehydration

I hope she gets some relief soon !
and Austin (18)
DX: Crohn's 7/2013
03-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #47
CarolinAlaska
Holding It Together

My Support Groups:
Niks, also the NJ tube can be left in for enteral nutrition...
03-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #48
Catherine

My Support Groups:
Niks

I think she needs her mommy now. Tell her we are going to hospital now and head out to the car. Hopefully she will follow like my daughter telling why me she doesnot need hospital and how they didn't do everything last time.

Some how you can tell even with them saying no that they just need you to make the decision and they will follow your led.
Small bowel to small bowel fistula

Meds: ), azathioprine 200mg, Mesalazine 1.2g x 2, seretide 250 x 2 (asthma), ventolin (as needed)

Currently no supplements.

Has previously taken Multi B, Caltrate, B12 & Iron

Prednisolone (from 30 mg 01/02/2012 to 17/06/2012, 30mg 24/10/12-28/12/12, 50mg 24/1/13-27/4/13)
03-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #49
Niks
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Her Dad took her up to our hospital! They saw a Doctor who gave her a jab for sickness. He said hopefully that will work long enough for her to rehydrate herself. It didn't work at all!

He looked up her notes and said 'take her to Oxford, the Consultant she is under is clutching at straws'!!! OMG, for a Doctor there to say that. He suggests that we go straight to GP in the morning. He was in two minds to admit her but thinks she will be better in Oxford. We are still waiting for an 'urgent' second appointment.

She is convinced it will be better if he is referred rather than us just turn up at A&E. UUUURRRRRGGGGHHHH.. I just think we should go now, she is having none of it. If only she'd just gone there tonight instead!
03-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #50
Niks
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I agree - ER time
Vomiting ( Constant) potentially can put you at risk for alot of things in the esophagus
http://www.medicinenet.com/vomiting_blood/symptoms.htm
http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/g...lux-000068.htm
Thank you MLP, this sounds exactly what is going on with her xx

Carol - I didn't know that red eyes were a symptom! Thanks for that too xx
03-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #51
Catherine

My Support Groups:
Good luck with the GP tomorrow.

At least you and her Dad are on the same page.

Can you and Dad take her to Oxford together?
03-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #52
Niks
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Maybe we could both take her. Will see what happens in the morning.

Have been searching internet and found urgent referral fax number for Oxford gastro team, will take that to GP, along with all our mobile numbers, so they can contact us if there's a cancellation.

It's nearly 4.30am. Haven't got a wink of sleep yet, everything going round and round in my head.

She sobbed her heart out last night, she has dark circles under her eyes, her skin has broken out badly with acne, which she's never had before. She hurts all over, everywhere aches. With constant vomiting she is just exhausted and so fed up. She thinks that 'no one' will do anything so what's the point.

Battle gear on for GP tomorrow! Enough already.
03-04-2013, 12:30 AM   #53
upsetmom

My Support Groups:
Good luck with the appointment.

My daughter was vomiting 1 day and i got stressed so can't even imagine how you feel....
03-04-2013, 03:40 AM   #54
Sascot
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Sending battle vibes to you! The GP should in theory be able to phone Oxford directly and ask for immediate admittance to hospital. Or at least ask to go to their acute assessment unit. Once there they should be able to page the on-call GI. If they do nothing else they should at least give her the NG tube and get some nutrition into her while they figure stuff out!! Good luck
03-04-2013, 03:44 AM   #55
Niks
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
thanks Sascot, I hope you're right! I am not expecting anything that quick but here's hoping x
03-04-2013, 05:51 AM   #56
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Good luck Niks! I hope the GP gets you to Oxford ASAP and your daughter gets solid answers and relief!

Sending you loads of love, luck and well wishes...

Dusty. xxx
03-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #57
izzi'smom

My Support Groups:
I am relieved that she went and have my fingers Crosse d that you will get in at the new place super quickly!!!!!! Sending
03-04-2013, 07:57 AM   #58
dannysmom
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I am hoping you go to Oxford today ... with or without the GP referral. I am so glad you got great advice from the doctor at emergency.
03-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #59
Clash
Forum Monitor

Hoping she gets to go to Oxford to be seen today!! Poor girl, it is so hard when they stop trusting that anyone can help them, it has to be so scary for you and your baby. I hope the GP appt goes well and you get the referral and all she needs!
dx March 2012 CD

CURRENT MEDS: MTX injections, Stelara

Dx May 2014: JSpA
8/2014 ileocecectomy
9/2017 G tube

PAST MEDS: remicade, oral mtx, humira
03-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #60
CarolinAlaska
Holding It Together

My Support Groups:
Niks, I was thinking about your daughter, and I'm wondering if her stool was ever tested for C-diff? I know she has all kinds of stools, not just diarrhea. C-diff can cause vomiting too and it can be hard to treat...

Crohn's Disease Forum » Parents of Kids with IBD » CT scan - some thickening of proximal duodenum?