Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Cimzia/Certolizumab » Going to start Cimzia and have not had other drugs such as humira and have been off of drugs. Should I worry about this drug?

02-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
Surfin_rockactor1

Going to start Cimzia and have not had other drugs such as humira and have been off of drugs. Should I worry about this drug?

I have had crohns since I was 9 and was misdiagnosed for 3 years. I have over the years been just going with it and have not been on meds for a few years now. Im a little concerned on this Cimzia drug especially on my active lifestyle and the side effects (mainly the bad effects like death). Shouldnt I be trying other drugs first. My disease is in bad condition but have not had any surgerys yet. I would like to know from fellow crohns members some info based on yourselves taking cimzia and whats the good and bad behind it please. I start the drug next week and am very nervous trying it. I do not like drugs and believe agaiinst meds but I do wish to conquer my crohns now rather then go with it. Any info would be really appreciated.
02-28-2013, 11:50 PM   #2
sjhale615

I have been on just about every biologic on the market, and cimzia is fine from a side-effect standpoint. I took cimzia right after it was released to the public, and it performed as I needed it to. Only changed from it because of the cost!

I am about to start taking cimzia again or Simponi, as the Humira is losing it's punch. I can honestly say these drugs are what make it possible to have days sometimes weeks at a time when you forget how sick you are, or how life was less stressful when you needn't worry where the nearest toilet is!
02-28-2013, 11:59 PM   #3
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
The biologics all pretty much have the same side effects. I don't think there is any researching suggesting humira or remicade is better. It's just more widely used.
03-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #4
Crohn's Mom

My Support Groups:
my daughter has been taking Cimzia for nearly 2 years now,and I can't say that it has ever affected her quality of life. She gets a bit tired the day of her injection, but she just takes it at night and sleeps better

Best of luck and I hope it helps you!
and Austin (18)
DX: Crohn's 7/2013
03-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #5
Surfin_rockactor1

You guys are awesome thank you I really appreciate it

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Cimzia/Certolizumab » Going to start Cimzia and have not had other drugs such as humira and have been off of drugs. Should I worry about this drug?