Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Humira leaked out after injection!

12-18-2008, 02:03 AM   #1
manatee

Humira leaked out after injection!

Oh my.... I just gave myself my Humira injection and some of it leaked out after I administered it.

Has anyone had this happen before?

It was a few drops... I wonder how much I ended up injecting? What a bummer
12-18-2008, 02:09 AM   #2
Jeff D.

I'm not quite sure, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm pretty sure you will get a better answer in the morning by those on Humira. Good luck
12-18-2008, 02:40 AM   #3
drew_wymore

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it was only a couple drops. You want to make sure you use enough pressure and ensure the pen is completely empty though.
12-18-2008, 06:45 AM   #4
danman

Was it the Pen or the syringe?
If it was the Pen, it's as Drew said. You hadn't applied enough pressure or you released the pressure too soon.

It can't really leak out, it would only come out of the needle and onto your injection site.

Make sure you keep the pressure on the pen until you either can't hear the noise the pen makes any more, or until the yellow stops moving on the window, or both.
12-18-2008, 08:15 AM   #5
Colt

Just to make sure, where exactly did you inject yourself?

Meds: Prednisone, Pentasa, Vitamin D & Calcium, Atenalol, Darvocet

Current Issues: Crohn's inflammation primarily of the upper GI (duodenum and up), Tachycardia, Osteoporosis

Current Stage of Grief: Anger

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Humira leaked out after injection!