Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Crohn's Colitis Support Group

08-26-2015, 08:02 PM   #181
Angie's Mom

My Support Groups:
So I've started getting really dizzy. It lasts the better part of the day and makes it so that if I move, turn or bend over to quickly I almost fall over.

Any thoughts on why this is happening? Blood loss?
08-27-2015, 07:35 AM   #182
scottsma

My Support Groups:
Have you had your Blood Pressure checked lately ? Low BP can cause dizzy spells.
How much blood are you losing and for how long ?
Don't take chances with new symptoms,get checked out.Better safe than sorry eh ?
08-27-2015, 08:56 AM   #183
Angie's Mom

My Support Groups:
Have you had your Blood Pressure checked lately ? Low BP can cause dizzy spells.
How much blood are you losing and for how long ?
Don't take chances with new symptoms,get checked out.Better safe than sorry eh ?
My bloodpressure has always been ridiculously low 92/53, but I didn't even think about it dropping. I've been losing about 1/2 cup (125ml) or more a day since mid July. It's been a bit more over the last few weeks though.

So frustrated!!
08-27-2015, 09:31 AM   #184
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi Angie,s mum. If I were you I would go docs asap, can never be to careful hun x
11-26-2015, 12:34 AM   #185
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I was told earlier this year that I have Crohn's Colitis. How can you tell if you are completely emptied. I thought I had read that one of the symptoms was that you don't feel like you have completely evacuated.
11-26-2015, 12:36 AM   #186
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
My bloodpressure has always been ridiculously low 92/53, but I didn't even think about it dropping. I've been losing about 1/2 cup (125ml) or more a day since mid July. It's been a bit more over the last few weeks though.

So frustrated!!
My blood pressure always tends to be low.
11-26-2015, 09:33 AM   #187
scottsma

My Support Groups:
I was told earlier this year that I have Crohn's Colitis. How can you tell if you are completely emptied. I thought I had read that one of the symptoms was that you don't feel like you have completely evacuated.
That's called Tenesmus Ron.I have it and I only know I'm emptied when I start to feel comfortable.Usually by noon.I get fed up of running to the bathroom and finding it's either a false alarm or not worth the bother.Of course we have to bother,just to be sure.
I find it especially annoying during the colder months,having to fight my way through layers of clothing.
11-26-2015, 09:35 AM   #188
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thanks. No accidents.

11-26-2015, 09:35 AM   #189
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Happy Thanksgiving.

11-26-2015, 09:39 AM   #190
scottsma

My Support Groups:
Thanks. No accidents.
I have never had an accident Ron,but boy it's been close many times.

Happy Thanksgiving Ron.Have a good day.
11-26-2015, 09:41 AM   #191
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:

11-26-2015, 10:00 AM   #192
Angie's Mom

My Support Groups:
Unfortunately, for me anyway, there isn't any way to tell if you are empty. Part of the issue with Colitis, is that the inflammation is right in the rectum. When stool gets to the rectum it sends a message to the brain saying "hit the can". For us, blood, mucous, swelling all send the same false message.
11-26-2015, 10:50 AM   #193
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I had a doctor tell me once that sometimes your brain can send fslsr messages with this disease.

11-26-2015, 11:08 AM   #194
nitty

My Support Groups:
Unfortunately, for me anyway, there isn't any way to tell if you are empty. Part of the issue with Colitis, is that the inflammation is right in the rectum. When stool gets to the rectum it sends a message to the brain saying "hit the can". For us, blood, mucous, swelling all send the same false message.
That's my main problem. I get no warning and just have to get to the loo NOW!! I also find that there doesn't seem to be any 'storage capacity' - the reason I have to go so often is not due to loose stools, but that as soon as any gets near it has to come out, rather than waiting for any more, hence lots of small stools and urgent visits. The mucous is another attractive issue!
11-27-2015, 12:16 AM   #195
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
That's called Tenesmus Ron.I have it and I only know I'm emptied when I start to feel comfortable.Usually by noon.I get fed up of running to the bathroom and finding it's either a false alarm or not worth the bother.Of course we have to bother,just to be sure.
I find it especially annoying during the colder months,having to fight my way through layers of clothing.
If the tenesmus is happening, doe that mean I am in a flare?
12-02-2015, 12:47 PM   #196
Bonzo 4

My Support Groups:
Anyone use eceris? If so any luck?
12-02-2015, 12:54 PM   #197
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Not here.

12-02-2015, 12:54 PM   #198
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Anyone else?

12-02-2015, 12:58 PM   #199
Angie's Mom

My Support Groups:
I'm not even sure what that is.
12-02-2015, 01:00 PM   #200
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Never heard of it myself.

12-02-2015, 01:26 PM   #201
scottsma

My Support Groups:
If the tenesmus is happening, doe that mean I am in a flare?
I don't think so Ron,it's just one of the many unpleasantries we must tolerate.
12-02-2015, 01:30 PM   #202
scottsma

My Support Groups:
HI,could you mean Uceris ? Type it in the search box at the top of the page.There's lots of info.there.
12-02-2015, 08:46 PM   #203
CMT

My Support Groups:
I used Uceris a couple of years ago. It did not help my symptoms so I was weaned off and put on other medications
12-02-2015, 09:20 PM   #204
Bonzo 4

My Support Groups:
I was just put on this steroid , to bring down inflammation . The drug is called uceris.
12-02-2015, 09:22 PM   #205
Bonzo 4

My Support Groups:
CMT dos you have any side effects? I've never taken anything for my crohns , my DR, asked that I should try.
02-20-2016, 12:14 AM   #206
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I am confused. Mostly, my Crohn's Disease has been in my small intestine. Recently, I was told I have Crohn's Colitis but I read an article saying this type is only in the colon. So how can I have had it in both places if I am making sense?
02-20-2016, 02:30 AM   #207
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi Ron, I think that you have had it in the small bowel for a while, now it has spread/sprung up into the colon. you can have it in more than one place at a time. It sounds like you have ileocolitis, as this affects both small intestine and colon. There are 5 types... Ileocolitis, ileitis, gastroduodenal, jejunoilitis, crohn's (granulomatous) Colitis
Any of these can overlap thus you have crohn's in different places in the digestive tract. Hope that helps you Ron.
Love n hugs 💕Mandy
02-20-2016, 07:35 AM   #208
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thanks,Mandy.

02-20-2016, 08:06 AM   #209
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
☺your welcome Ron
04-18-2016, 01:27 PM   #210
Jodyanne63

My Support Groups:
After a major flare ended my sulfasalazine affair of 20 years, my doc decided to work from the bottom up on the medication ladder for CC. 6-MP did not work for me. After 3 weeks it caused me to have such severe diarrhea that I was admitted to the hospital for dehydration. Evidently this is very rare? My doctor has recommended I try Imuran next. I'm still on Budesonide, and imagine I will be until if and when the Imuran starts working. I'm pretty new to all of these medications. I have researched them but I find that personal experiences are very helpful. I would really like to know if anyone had the same reaction to 6-MP and how many have had success with Imuran for Crohn's Colitis.
Mercaptopurine after 3 wks unsuccessful
Currently Budesonide 3 months+
Next step Imuran
Trying to avoid Humira if possible

Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Crohn's Colitis Support Group