• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Meh Lovely Story!! New and sharing!

It has been almost a year since I was diagnosed. But I think I have had this since my mid twenties. I have always had a bad stomach but never knew anything about Crohns until recently. I would have "Bad belly" times....(that is what I called it back then)

It wasn't until my entire throat was covered in sores that I went to see anyone. I couldn't eat because I literally could not swallow my food. It hurt too bad. Also for some reason food made me gag. I lost a lot of weight very fast. And while any girl would think that was great, 23 pounds in a month and a half is NOT healthy!! The first Doc I saw sent me home with the diagnoses of "Food Poisoning" I was given antibiotics and potassium pills since I was extremely low. That lasted about three days. I was back in the ER with same issue only this time my mouth and throat had these red ulcerated soars. I was scheduled for a scope and a colonoscopy. It was then that I was properly diagnosed. I was put on lots of meds...and have been since changed off of them. Blah Blah Blah...NOW I am on remicade. Only have had one infusion and HOPING to find some results. We shall see.

Just wanted to put my story out there and to properly introduce myself to everyone. So....there it is....(waves!!)

thanks for letting me blab on!

:tongue:

Welcome from me too.
What are your current symptoms?
Im glad you found us. You will FIND so much support and great info here.