Share Facebook

04-13-2016, 09:03 PM   #421
Rrahman

My Support Groups:
Too much red meat is not good for anyone. We should balance with fish, poultry, fruits, and veggies. From what I know, grass-fed beef does not cause inflammation.
I find misunderstandings in the paleolithic diet is mainly meat, but the meat does not cause putrefaction and consequently inflammation?
07-09-2016, 11:05 PM   #422
MissLeopard83

My Support Groups:
I'm undiagnosed at this time, but I suspect IBD (probably mild-moderate CD). Last year, before the abdominal pain started full-force, my old PCP (internist) was concerned about my gallbladder and has been ever since 1999 when I was diagnosed with GERD. Since I have diabetes, high cholesterol, and high BP in my family, she put me on the Paleo/Primal diet and told me to customize it for myself. At the time, I was low-income with no health insurance and finishing my Bachelor degree (I graduated in December). I now have a full-time job that I love, though it can be stressful, and HMO health insurance through work.

Anyway, I did my best to research low-carb diets and decided on Primal since it didn't require eliminating dairy (I love my milk and cheese). I did really well on it and lost over 30 lbs and 2 dress sizes. I started allowing GF grains again recently because I was looking for more variety. I try to stick with Primal as much as possible, but I'm not as strict as I once was.
07-09-2016, 11:26 PM   #423
Susan2

My Support Groups:
I find misunderstandings in the paleolithic diet is mainly meat, but the meat does not cause putrefaction and consequently inflammation?
I have no problems with meat - I eat grass fed and organic when possible - but have problems with a lot of vegetables. I also cannot eat sausages, hamburgers or any other forms of processed meat.
Currently on no medications, but under constant gaze of very caring GP, with annual blood and other tests.
07-09-2016, 11:27 PM   #424
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I have no problems with meat - I eat grass fed and organic when possible - but have problems with a lot of vegetables. I also cannot eat sausages, hamburgers or any other forms of processed meat.
Me too. I have trouble with a lot of vege

Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
09-10-2016, 10:48 PM   #425
adubb09

My Support Groups:
I just wanted to post that I am giving the SCD a second chance. I had good results for several months when I previously tried the diet, which was over five years ago. I fell off the wagon when I became more active which eventually led to eating out at restaurants that were not SCD legal. I think that since I didn't feel worse immediately I just forgot about the diet and how good it made me feel. I hope this time goes as well as the first. I think that it will, I just need to maintain the dedication.

I don't notice any problem with fiber from fruits and vegetables as long as i'm not in an acute flare. I actually think it makes my digestion better to add fruit and vegetables when i'm not flaring. My Crohn's seems to only affect my colon so maybe that helps me tolerabe fiber. Good luck everybody!
09-15-2016, 01:48 PM   #426
Patch

Hiya. I've decided to give SCD a try and I've been on the diet for about a month. I'm getting ready to start making yogurt. I've heard that plain Dannon yogurt can be used for a starter, but the label doesn't say which cultures are in it, just that it "contains active cultures including L. Acidophilus". Does anyone out there know what other cultures are in it? I've noticed a lot of other brands' plain yogurts have Bifidus, which the SCD people say to avoid when making yogurt.
09-15-2016, 07:00 PM   #427
Rrahman

My Support Groups:
To make yogurt I use Yogourmet freeze-dried yogurt culture (Amazon). The same brand yogurt maker too. I let it ferment for 24 hours. Makes excellent yogurt for smoothies.
02-08-2017, 06:08 PM   #428
Magnolia24

My Support Groups:
I've been basically scd (plus sweet potatos, occasional rice and quinoa) and in remission for about 3 years. I have recently started feeling like I'm going into a flare. Went to the doctor today..getting tests done..but wondering about experiences of flares after long term remission on scd? Were you able to get things back under control with diet? Going back to intro diet? Or did you opt for changing/adding meds? Thanks!
03-17-2017, 09:13 PM   #429
Alexa Federico

My Support Groups:
Hi all!

I have had huge success with following a paleo diet.

The power of real food and nutrition rules!!
03-31-2017, 06:33 AM   #430
mellyag

My Support Groups:
I'm interested in trying paleo diet, I've got severe Crohn's & think this diet could help me! Anyone got any tips or helpful info. Thanks
03-31-2017, 08:12 AM   #431
Alexa Federico

My Support Groups:
Mellyag, I wrote a blog post on how I use the Paleo diet to manage my Crohn's. I also have recipes and other posts with tips on my site. I post something new every Monday. http://girlinhealing.com/its-all-aboutthe-food/

Feel free to message me through there if you have questions or want to talk about anything!
06-14-2017, 08:39 PM   #432
Crohn2357

My Support Groups:
A Talk at Google about neurogenesis
06-22-2017, 11:00 PM   #433
dave13
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
When I follow the SCD I feel my best. I have followed it for three plus years...and have strayed from time to time. That is how I know it works,right?

I have found when I am vigilant with my diet I am better able to tolerate the occasional cheat. Go figure.
08-19-2017, 08:19 AM   #434
Crohn2357

My Support Groups:
Does anyone eat everything raw?
08-19-2017, 09:02 AM   #435
Susan2

My Support Groups:
Not much - grated apple, watermelon, banana, a couple of cherries or a few blueberries, but almost no vegetables, peeled cucumber...
09-01-2017, 01:26 PM   #436
Crohn2357

My Support Groups:
On the importance of sleep:

Ancestral Sleep in the Modern Age