• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Another new person here!

Hi everyone! :thumright:

I'm from Bolton in England, and I was diagnosed with Crohns disease in 2005 after a long time of being unwell. I've been on lots and lots of various medications that have never worked, and now I have been put on Humira injections every other week.

I have a 4 year old daughter, and I have been separated from my husband for nearly a year now (thats flown by!).

Things have been kind of ok for a while but I'm beginning to feel like the crohns has complete control of me at the moment and not the other way round. I don't have family near me, so I go through a lot alone and I would really hope I can make some new friends here who know exactly what I'm going through, but also hope I might be able to be of use to someone else even if it's in a small way.

I'm amazed at how many people have the view that you're only ill if you look like you're at deaths door! I wish I could wear my insides on the outside sometimes and make people understand how nasty and consuming this illness is.

I'm hoping to be able to start dating soon, and I'm really worried about having to meet someone and eventually having to explain about everything and have them see what things are like when they're bad. It terrifies me because it's a lot to take on! But I just want to deal with things one day at a time for now and hopefully get the control back.

Astra

Hiya Eviebaby
and welcome
not so far from me!

You'll make tons of new friends on here, everyone is amazing!
I've just started Humira too, we can be Humira buddies!
And...I got dating after splitting with my husband, and was very scared of telling him about the Crohn's, but he's been wonderful, so don't worry about that, if a man runs for the hills, then he wasn't worth bothering with.
So good luck with your Humira, hope it's 'the one'
Lotsa luv
Joan xxx

I just joined here too. You're seriously the definition of supermom. I'm having a hard time just taking care of myself right now so I can't imagine having to take care of a child too. I'm curious to hear how Humira works for you. I just started Remicade a few weeks ago but I'm not sure it's working. Is it hard to give yourself injections?