• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ways to Make Crohn's a little more liveable

CarolinAlaska

Holding It Together
I'm wondering what creative things you or your children do/have done to make their Crohn's treatments a little more enjoyable? I'd love to hear about/see pics when available, of the creative things you're doing.

My daughter has been coloring her Hyfix with colored pencils and each day I find a different artistic picture on her cheek when I come home from work. This is the latest:

That is a lovely idea.
I don't have any children and I can't imagine what it must be like watching your child go through this illness.
What is so clear from this forum is that a lot of these young people have great parents (like you) and I am sure that it helps.
All my best wishes to your lovely, creative girl and you. 😎

We call it .......Tube Fishing.:)

Grace makes and cuts out paper fish.
Stick a peice of tape to the end of her n-g tube.
And...fishes off the "dock" of our sofa.

CarolinAlaska

Holding It Together
Mark, I enjoyed that little cartoon by your son. It's so true. I couldn't find any of your son's other Chron-icles when I searched by his name.

Fishing is a fun idea. Didn't you also decorate her tower something princess-tower-ish? I'd like to see a pic of that...

Carol, She is quite an artist.
Mark, That is great, we joke about that too. First breakfast (pills) and bedtime snack (more pills)