• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to site

I

Imitar

Hey everyone. Great support group you have going on here. Anyway, I was born in 1979 and diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis at 3 months old. Over the next decade or so following I received several surgeries for intestinal blockages, and 1 in particular the doctors royally screwed up and had to re-open me up and remove a portion of my small intestine. Needless to say I have SIBO because of this, and as a result, constant gas. The only thing that I have found to solvent this is an antibiotic. Ohh, I developed diabetes also, probably because of the years taking digestive enzymes scarring my pancreas, so it cannot produce the proper amount of insulin.
All went sort of well for a few years, but over the past year it seems my joints are getting really sore, it’s almost hard to walk, especially in the morning. I have severe anal itching- it feels like my ass is literally on fire. I’m tired and listless almost all the time, even though I should feel great as my lung function is excellent and my blood sugars are in the normal range.
I know I’m a hypochondriac, but I think I may have Crohn’s. I have an appointment with my CF doc in 2 weeks. If I tell him these symptoms, I’m certain that he’ll chaulk it up to CF somehow.

I

Imitar

Thanks. I have found that by wearing reflexology insoles that are promised to increase height(which they don't, it's a scam), helps by bowel movements appear normal. If I never wore these insoles, I would have diarrhea non-stop. I hardly ever notice any blood in my stools, but my feet tend to fall asleep all the time. I hardly ever vomit, and I really can't tell if I have pain, as I'm used to it, I've always had a certain degree of pain my entire life. I just hope, whatever these symptoms turn out to be, I can attach a name to it, so it can be treated. I just want to feel somewhat "normal" for once in my life.

Hey Imitar welcome here! I'm relatively new to the forum too and Pen is right on the diagnosis front I'm struggling to get anything firm at the moment too. Some doctors tell me it's almost certainly Crohn's and others aren't convinced. All the gastros have gone away for Christmas at the moment and so I'm still awaiting a lot of tests and appointments. Wishing you lots of luck for yours hope you get some relief! I can understand the angst of wanting to name for whats going on so it can be properly treated. It's not nice feeling helpless in it all.

I can relate to your symptoms and more, I guess we all can so atleast you're not alone in this. I really don't like feeling alone with my pain and so talking here helps a lot I've found. Feel better soon, we're here for you!