• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Mum whose panicking

Hi everyone im new on this forum. My name is Lisa and my 15 yr old son was diagnosed with crohns in december of last year. He was in hospital 3 weeks ago and is now on Moudulem and is taking it as a drink. What im panicking and worrying about is that ive noticed every time he goes for a wee, there is a pink/reddy brown stain marks all over the seats of the toilet could this be blood. If there is anyone out there that could help me i would appreciate it. Im waiting to contact the gastro clinic at the hospital he is under for advice

nogutsnoglory

I'm sorry about your sons diagnosis. The colors on the toilet don't sound good. He may be losing a little blood. Can you talk to him about it?

Hi everyone im new on this forum. My name is Lisa and my 15 yr old son was diagnosed with crohns in december of last year. He was in hospital 3 weeks ago and is now on Moudulem and is taking it as a drink. What im panicking and worrying about is that ive noticed every time he goes for a wee, there is a pink/reddy brown stain marks all over the seats of the toilet could this be blood. If there is anyone out there that could help me i would appreciate it. Im waiting to contact the gastro clinic at the hospital he is under for advice
Welcome to the forum Lisa. Sorry about your son diagnosis. Good thing you have a Dx and now he will have treatment. Ask your son if is possible, he does not flush the toilet and you can see. That way you see the color and amount of blood,(if any). If is a lot take him to ER. What other medicines is he taking? At first we all panick, but we learn to manage. The important thing right now is that he gets the treatment that works for him. Has he been check for Anemia? Best wishes.

Hes just been for a wee and said that its normal colour, without being crude its staining the toilet seat and around the bowl of the toilet so im not sure if its blood in his wee or what it is but im making an appt for him at our doctors tomorrow as ive just spoken to one of the gastric nurses he is under at the hospital and she said that its not the modulem feeds he is on. The other medication he is on is Omeprazole and Pentasa. He had to have an MRI scan done before he went into hospital and it showed up that one of his kidneys was enlarged and dilated so they arranged for an ultra scan done while he was in hospital and that came back clear. So not sure if its something to do with his kidneys like an infection of some sort but wont know until i get him at the doctors.

Yes he has had loads of them done before he went into hospital and they all came back ok, dont know if he will have to do another one after we have been to see the doctors tomorrow. I live in Liverpool England, where are you from. The gastro nurse thinks he may have an infection but without seeing a doctor we are not sure whats causing it. It only happens when he first gets up and goes to the bathroom, through out the day when he goes for a wee theres no stain marks. Im trying not to worry about what it might be as we've just got our heads round the fact that he has Crohns.

Hi and welcome. I'm so sorry he's having this. Please feel free to make your way over the Parents Forum. Lots of Mums going through this. My advice is....
Take a picture. That will help the docs see what's going on.

my little penguin

Staff member
Welcome - second a picture
Have your son chart his BM as to frequency , color shape etc .
If there is mucus or blood and the. The color of the blood.
Has he done a urine sample or 24hour collection?

Well been to the doctors and they checked my sons urine sample and no blood in the wee, she also checked for protein as well and that was clear, she thinks it possibly could be the pigmentation in the modulem. So im now going to stop worrying but just keep an eye on it.

Glad you were able to get results quickly and can relax a little, but I'm with you I would keep watching. Thank you for the update

Have spoken to the dietician at the hospital my son is under whose spoken to the doctors and they have said its unlikely to be anything to do with the modulem feeds my sons on or the crohns but if it is still happening to go back to the doctors again, but im just going to keep an eye on it as it only began when my son came home from hospital and started drinking the feeds. As theres no evidence of blood in the toilet and whatever the pink/brownish is its just staining the toilet seats possibly could be the pigmentation or whatever they use in the moduelm thank you for all your replys