• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Please assist in my thesis research

Hello everyone! I am a graduate student at the University of Wisconsin-Stout conducting my thesis research on stress in parents of children with IBD. I need your help! If you are a parent or guardian of a child (under 18) who has IBD, please copy and paste my survey link below. The survey will take around 20-25 minutes to complete and there will be a chance to win one of five $20 gift cards! I'd really appreciate your assistance! If you know any other parents/guardians who have children with IBD (including your spouse or partner), please inform them of my study as well. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me an email at breuerc3571@my.uwstout.edu. Thanks much!!
https://uwstout.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0Bt3ZXkJ6TuNu04

DustyKat

Super Moderator
I have two children with Crohn's but they are now both over 18. Any particular reason for the age limit if they developed the disease when they were younger than 18?

Dusty. :)

Thank you so much, everyone! I really appreciate it!
DustyKat, I wanted to look specifically at the effects the disease places on the parents at the time they are going through it. After the age of 18, parents may not remember accuartely the stress they were under. There are also "within the last week and within the last year" specific questions which wouldnt be very relevant in your case. Thank you though for the thought!
Also, I am looking for both mothers and fathers, so please ask your spouses or any other parents you may know to complete the survey as well. :)

DustyKat

Super Moderator
I understand. :)

I will say though that my recall is like it happened yesterday! :lol:

Good luck with the survey!

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I understand. :)

I will say though that my recall is like it happened yesterday! :lol:

Good luck with the survey!

Not to mention that many people don't realize how much stress they're actually dealing with until they have some time to relax and reflect.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Very true Jennifer. I have often said that I find dealing with the demons harder in many ways when they well as I have far less to focus on and in those circumstances your imagination can be your worst enemy. :eek2: