• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

19 y/o with Crohn's

I am a 19 y/o university student and I was diagnosed with Crohn's a couple of years ago.

Things started out okay but then complications set in and I ended up having a bowel resection a few months after I was diagnosed. I have been in remission since then and am going along okay. By joining the forum I am hoping to learn more about my disease and help others out if I can.

Welcome to the forum! There are loads of informed and experienced members here and it is a great place for support. Have you had any issues with your CD since you had the resection? Since the resection have you been on maintenance meds? Do you follow a certain diet regimen to control your symptoms? I'm sure you will be a great asset to the forum and I hope you are able to glean great info from the forum.

Tesscorm

Staff member
Welcome! Glad you've been doing well since your resection! :)

Lots of great members here with tons of knowledge and experience! Feel free to ask questions, you'll almost always find someone who has some experience. :thumright: And it's also so wonderful to hear from someone who has been successful in treatment their crohns - it can be so helpful to hear from someone who has successfully left difficult times behind them.

:)

Welcome Pi143! There is lots LOTS of information here and plenty of people needing and giving advice and support. Glad to hear you are in remission and hoping it stays that way! Happy Posting!