• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Itchy left eye

Afternoon all,

Been suffering with horrendous cold since Saturday evening. Just today it feels like my eyelashes are pointing inwards on my left eye! I know they are not, but the irritation is driving me nuts, trying not to rub. Have had this 3 times in last month. Feels like eyelash or bit of grit is stuck but can't see anything. Tried washing out my eye with water and eyewash, but no better. Last time it lasted about 3days and just rode it out. Only feel it on inside of eyelid and tear duct and only on left eye. Could this be Crohns related? Going to doc tomorrow if no better...

Trysha

Staff member
It could be related to Crohn's.
You need to see an ophthalmologist as soon as possible.
Hope things turn out well for you
Feel better soon
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha

I just got back from my eye doctor and I have a low grade case of Iritis again. It can feel different each time. It can feel like someone poking you in the eye. I was hoping it was allergies. You need to go to an ophthalmologist. That is the only way they can tell. Like Trysha said, you need to go soon. i damaged my right eye a little waiting too long.

Good luck. Hope it's just the cold. Cheryl

Seems to have cleared again up thankfully.. Will talk to consultant at my next appointment. But will call my nurse to arrange appointment with opthalmologist. Thank you for all your support and advice peeps X