• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Abscess and Fistuales

Does anyone out there suffer from these awful and most painful by products of this wonderful disease.

I get some of the biggest plums(abscess) you could imagine right around the anus and once those decide to drain then the excrushating pain of the fistulaes start up, any help for these problems?

Baths are my usual favorite cure for the crapming and such but for these nothing so far just grin and bare it so far!

Ray:ymad:

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
I had one, and it had to be drained. Then I was on antibiotics for a while and it kept dormant for a while. Eventually it was filling faster than it was draining and I had to have it surgically removed. (Which was a REALLY sucky and painful surgery - but now worth it.) Remicade and Humira are supposed to work well at keeping fistulas (fistulae?) dormant.
They gave me some lidocaine ointment for it - yeah, not a big help.

I have 3 draining constantly ,Cipro,Flagyl Remicade help
to slow down the drainage.
There are several threads posted on here under fistulas

Check them out..

I take alot of sitz bath with epsom salts,