• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I'm new. My story, Please read

Hello, since I was little I've always been poorly with my insides and having diarrhea. In 2009/2010 I got really fed up and went to the doctors, they referred me to the gastro department, I did stool samples and had a colonoscopy that couldn't be finished as it gave me too much pain and discomfort, these tests came back with nothing and they put it down to IBS, so I left it as that. Last year I got fed up for the last time as I has lost a lot of weight, i was a size 8 down to a very small 4 and went back to the doctors and they referred me back to the hospital I did a stool sample and got an endoscopy. The stool sample showed that it was a raised number and indicated inflammation, I got called back to the hospital and they gave me another test, the nuclear medicine injection where the white blood cells stick to the inflamed area and another stool sample. Within a few weeks I got my results and both showed inflammation in my bowel so he sent me and appointment for another colonoscopy to go to the big bowel where they couldn't get to last time. I had this test today and there was no inflammation, how can this be possible? Im in pain all the time, loosing weight even more and showing symptoms of Crohn's disease and I'm getting really upset that they cant find out what it wrong with me, I'm 22 years old and I cant be going through this everyday, I'm too scared of travelling far or going anywhere on my own in case i get a flare up. Someone please help.

Thankyou

Hello. welcome to the forum. Unfortunately some people go undiagnosed for long time. Did you have an endoscopy this time? How are your sed rate and crp tests? Any biopsies taken? Would you mind sharing this with us? I am pretty sure somebody in the forum will answer soon with more input. Best wishes.

Hello, no I had another colonoscopy. I'm not to sure what sed rate and crp tests are I just know they haven't told me every result, I never got a blood test either. Yes my report says TI was intubated for 25cm and biopsies done. The are going to send me an appointment out to go back. Thankyou

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum.

It can be possible that a scope can show a 'clear' bowel whilst biopsies then confirm a diagnosis, with regards to the nuclear medicine test where in the bowel did it show the inflammation - the small or the large? Have you been put on any meds at all and do you notice whether certain foods make the tum worse?

AB
xx

Hello AngryBird,

The nurse did tell me that the biopsy can tell a different story. I think the inflammation was found in the large bowel. Yeah I have cut a lot of food out and my diet is very poor I don't eat/drink fizzy pop, milk, pasta I could go on forever.
xx

I've got my appointment! for 11 weeks time! absolutely ridiculous, I'm sick of waiting now! Also today i went to the toilet and their was blood in my stool, I don't know whether to ring up my doctor but I'm not sure what they could do for me :\

If you have blood in your stool ring the doctor. They should find out hat is wrong. Ask for printouts of blood and other tests and see if you can find out via this forum. You take charge of your health if you can.

Good luck and I hope you get sorted quickly.

So today I went to the doctors, she said I have to monitor my stools for the next week but what really has me annoyed and upset is that she received my biopsy's and they came back clear but I shouldn't have blood, I just feel like this is never going to get sorted :(

Angrybird

Sorry to hear the biopsies have not helped with getting you an answer, with regards to the blood is it bright red or darker? How much would you say there is?

It was a dark red but you could still tell it was blood. Urm there looked to be quite a bit but not sure if it was all in the inside