• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Where do people that have no insurance and the financial help programs claim you make too much money for them to help, get HELP!

My son was hospitalized and diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in Nov. 2010. He had no insurance and was hit with a $32,000 hospital bill! He got some help but has been paying on this and almost had it paid off. His girlfriend put him on her insurance and for little over a year his symptoms were manageable with his diet and no meds. He broke up with his GF, so no insurance again and his symptoms flared up, back to the hospital, another $20,000+ hospital bill and the doctors want to start him on Humira. $1000 per injection! He doesn't have this kind of money for treatment, but yet when he asked for help, he was told that he made too much! He lives in the mountains in Colorado, which it is expensive to live up there. As his mother, it pains me to see him go through this, but I am unemployed and have no money to help him! Please if anyone knows of an organization that can financially help my son, so he can get the treatment he needs, contact me and let me know! Thank you!!!