• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Letter for school SAMPLE from improve care now

That's great! I sent a letter to school with my youngest after I received a letter from the school complaining he missed too many days and they wanted to meet with me.

My response:

Re: Recommendation for Meeting to Improve Attendance

Dear (Name removed):

Thank you for your letter and recommendation that I schedule a meeting to develop a plan to improve my child’s attendance (copy of letter attached), however I must decline.
My son has had two (2) bouts of the flu this school year (stomach flu and “regular” flu) which had led to him missing school the bulk of the days mentioned in the letter. At 3 ½ he is not skipping school and I am not inhibiting his attendance by not bringing him when he is healthy. All his absences are excused due to health reasons.

On that note, it would be great for the school to send out reminders to parents to please keep their children home when they have a fever and not send them to school on fever reducing medicines. Also, reminding parents that a child should not return to school until 24 hours have passed after the fever has broken. I currently have two (2) children attending classes in this County and one (1) child who is homeschooled through the Home and Hospital Program due to a chronic disease. Because of this we take great care in trying to ensure we do not spread illnesses haphazardly. I would be grateful if you would remind other parents to do the same.

Have a great day.

(Harsh?) Oh well - sent :)

crohnsinct

You go Champsmom! :rosette2:

Harsh? Not one bit. Very professional and to the point. But then again I am the nasty city girl so maybe my view is skewed

CarolinAlaska

Holding It Together
CM, I like it! Honestly, though, I am eating crow as not too long ago we got a letter asking us to keep our kids home for simple cold symptoms (coughs and runny noses). I scoffed at it thinking that my kids would constantly be home since they are always fighting colds, etc. Now I have a daughter on immunomodulator and I can fully see the wisdom of it!

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Oh well done ChampsMom! :medal1:

Your letter is just right. It is clearly written and straight to the point so there is no room for misinterpretation. If you give them an inch they will take mile but you closed that gate very nicely indeed! :)

Dusty. xxx