Share Facebook


04-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #1
AIjen
Senior Member
 
AIjen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Illness

Has anyone on Cimzia had strep throat and/or pneumonia or bronchitis? I MUST go to the dr. today, but I'm worried they may hospitalize me because of being on the Cimzia. My son is the lead male in a musical that opens tonight and I have been holding off going to the dr. all week so I wouldn't miss his show. I can't hold off anymore with my throat. It is just too sore to deal with anymore.

Thanks!
__________________
Current Diagnoses: Asthma (Can't remember), Hashimoto's (June 07), Psoriasis (March 08), Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease (Jan. 08), Fibromyalgia (Jan. 08), Crohn's (Dec. 08), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (June 12)

Current Medications: Levothyroxin, Lyrica, Advair, Cimzia, Zyrtec, and Prevacid. Back on Pentassa 12/04/12.
04-11-2013, 08:28 AM   #2
nogutsnoglory
Moderator
 
nogutsnoglory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York

My Support Groups:
Unless you have severe pneumonia I don't see why they would hospitalize you. The only thing they might make you do is go on a course of antibiotics and delay your Cimzia injection so your immune system is a little stronger.

When did you last inject and when are you next scheduled?
04-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
AIjen
Senior Member
 
AIjen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Thank you for your reply! I went and will be put on mega-antibiotics. I last injected (unfortunately) in February. My hubby's employment switched insurance companies on the 1st of March and it has taken until now to get the Cimzia approved. I will receive it next Tuesday, which is when I planned to take it next as well since I am so late. My dr. didn't say anything about delaying it. I hate to delay it any more than it already has been delayed, but I can understand the logic behind it. Let's see.....I start the antibiotics today and have to take them for 5 days......so that would be ending on Monday. Maybe I should hold off for a few more days.
04-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #4
nogutsnoglory
Moderator
 
nogutsnoglory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York

My Support Groups:
See how you feel. Hopefully by Tuesday the antibiotics do their job. The problem with delaying the injection too long is you can develop antibodies to the medication and won't be able to take it.
Reply

Thread Tools


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 AM.
Copyright 2006-2017 Crohnsforum.com