• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newbie!

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would introduce myself, I'm Scrappy and I have Crohn's. I have been diagnosed for 10 years, and was on medication for 8 and a half.

However I came off the medication as things seem to be settled, but have recently been having problems again. I am now back on the medication although it doesn't seem to help, and am now looking into starting the SCD diet in a few weeks.

So that's me and a bit of my background.

:smile:

Hey Scrappy Welcome to the forum,

What kinds of meds are you on now and what has your GI told you about your symptoms?
Has he done some tests etc?

Xx

I am on Asacol at the moment. I had some inflammation show up in my blood tests. I have always had pain and bleeding during BM's even on medication. However now there has been signs of inflammation and the cramping has come back after i've eaten I am due for a colonoscopy in two weeks time. Hopefully they can tell me what's going on and whether trying the diet could be beneficial.

Artisan105

Yondaime
Hi everyone,

Just thought I would introduce myself, I'm Scrappy and I have Crohn's. I have been diagnosed for 10 years, and was on medication for 8 and a half.

However I came off the medication as things seem to be settled, but have recently been having problems again. I am now back on the medication although it doesn't seem to help, and am now looking into starting the SCD diet in a few weeks.

So that's me and a bit of my background.

:smile:
Welcome to the Family Scrappy :] Yes you are new here but not new to the disease. I hope you go into remission ASAP. Yea I am on Asacol too. I was on Pentasa but they said Asacol works better on the side of the inflammation it was on. Go to the diet forum, create a journal, and develop a custom plan just for you. Hang in there Bro. You own this disease not the other way around. Let's beat it up into submission :)