• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Question: I had a recent Flare up when to seek the DR

I am currently having a flare up, for just over 1 week. I have had 2 or 3 flare ups in the past, usually about 1 per year. This time it is not very bad, but there is blood in my stool and I have to go about 4 times per day. I have been trying to heal through the SCD diet and would prefer not to take medications. I am wondering how long to try to resolve the symptoms with out medications and if that is even possible. Please help!

That is a hard question to answer. My advice is to see a doctor before!! you reach a point where you can't cope with your symptoms. 4 BM a day isn't that much, at least in my experience. Perhaps reducing your diet to something very basic for a week might help? I'm sorry but in my opinion this issue isn't clear cut.