Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Tests for IBD » Pill Cam, when should i get worried?

04-26-2013, 03:53 AM   #1
Jimena

My Support Groups:
Pill Cam, when should i get worried?

I had pill cam test tuesday. At the end of the test when nurse check if that camera has gone to colon yet, they see that camera was completely still, i had to run stairs up and down so the camera move and they see is it in the colon yet. Camera didn't move at all, and they weren't 100% sure that was it in colon. They let me leave home anyway.

Now is 4 days later, and camera hasn't come out yet. When should i get worried? I have slight pain in my right lower abdomen and my rib. That pain was there about month ago and it did go away when i started Entocort. No i have entocort only 3mg andpain is there. So i don't know is it the crohn pain, of the pill pain.

I try to call my GI office, but i didn't get anyone in the phone.
Colon removal and ileostomy 2015 -> So far so good

And after every stoma surgery, nasty Pyoderma Gangrenosum around my stoma.
04-26-2013, 07:44 AM   #2
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
That is very concerning. I believe it's supposed to come out within 24 hours. Can you talk to your GI about a laxative? Keep calling and demand to talk to them before the weekend.
04-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
Jimena

My Support Groups:
My Gi called me!She said that the pillcam did end up in colon, and there didn't seem to be any narrowing, only scars in TI. So i think it will come out since it is in colon.. If it hasn't come out till sunday i call my GI again.

That pain in my right side, my GI told me that he send me to ultrasound, so they can check that i don't have gailbladder stones, or kidney stones.

Thanks for the response
04-26-2013, 01:04 PM   #4
lsgs

I never saw my pillcam pass :-/

Presumed IBD - 2012

Cholecystectomy, liver biopsy and lymph node excision - 2015

Primary Biliary Cholangitis - 2016

Bile Reflux Gastritis - 2016
04-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
I hope it passes. If the pain gets sharp over the weekend please go to the ER.
04-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Are you absolutely sure it didn't pass? I thought I kept a sharp eye on my stools after my pill cam, but I never saw it. I asked the nurse about it later, and she looked something up in the computer, and then told me, "Oh yes, it DEFINITELY passed." I wondered what she meant by that. Then I remembered a radiology tech I know once told me that sometimes, the final images on a pill cam are of the patient's face looking down into the toilet. I kind of wonder if I was one of those (even if I didn't see the pill cam pass, it might have seen me!). That would explain how they knew that it "definitely" passed!

If you haven't seen it pass and have checked very thoroughly, I would go in and have an x-ray done just to be extra safe. If you're not having any bad pain, vomiting, fever, anything like that, then I wouldn't worry too much.
04-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #7
SarahBear

My Support Groups:
I watched for the pill after both pill cams I had it done and I never saw it.

Sarah.
Diagnosed with Crohn's disease 12/6/08.
Have taken: Prednisone, 6mp, methotrexate, Pentasa.
Currently waiting for a new medication!

Check out the Crohn's forum chat!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Tests for IBD » Pill Cam, when should i get worried?