• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Please help with my medical confusion

Hi everyone, I am a 26 year old who has been through so many medical problems and now another one has come about. I have had every single test known to man more than once and had no answers. My doctor is starting to think I'm insane, but I know something is wrong. I have done lots of research on Crohn's and I have EVERY single side effect and problems. I am at a stage where I don't know what to do, where to go, who to talk to so could someone please help me?

Thanks heaps :)

afidz

Super Moderator
Hello,.and welcome!
Can you elaborate on your sorry a little more we might be able to give you more answers?

Hi.... Ok

Well I have severe abdominal pain, vomiting, Loosing weight because I have no appetite for anything - going sometimes 3 days without nothing, Always tired because I am practically a insomniac, have no joy in doing anything I love, engeryless, air bubble in stomach, toilet problems (runs and constipation) always, sometimes go 3 days without using bowels, can't "fart", burp a lot more than normal. I have had endometriosis, a hysterectomy and epilepsy. Hope that helps.

afidz

Super Moderator
I typed out a long message and then hit the back button and deleted everything. ha oh well here it goes again
Your symptoms would definitely indicate that something is up, its just a matter of figuring out what. Where is your pain? What does it feel like? Is there any blood in your stool? Have you had any blood work done recently? Are you seeing a GI?
lol sorry for the list of questions!
As for abdominal pain, heat is a Crohnie's best friend. Putting a heating pad on your stomach or taking a long hot bath usually works great for me. Do you notice it specifically worse after certain foods? Try to stick to a bland low residue diet and see if that helps at all. Have you considered Celiac's Disease? (an intolerance for gluten)

Hello Lilbird86 and welcome to the forum :) I'm glad you have joined us cos we can definitely offer you support and friendship. There is also so much information available too.

Wow you have had some troubles....even worse when you get no answers ..very frustrating :( I'm sorry this is all happening to you.

My suggestion would be to keep a food dairy for a couple of weeks and write down any symptoms you have each day, it could be useful to see if you can pin-point any foods that might make you feel worse. I was also wondering if you have any tests or anything coming up? I'm sorry that I can't really offer any other suggestions, I really just wanted to welcome you to the forum and let you know I was thinking about you. Oh by the way heat really is soothing......I'm sitting here with my heat pads firmly in place on my tummy and a warm bath works a treat. Hope it helps. Best wishes and hugs. :ghug: