Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Ask the Experts » Submit a Question » [In Consideration] Is it important to inform your GI that you've noticed blood?

05-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
Jennifer
Adminstrator

[In Consideration] Is it important to inform your GI that you've noticed blood?

Many may assume that the blood they see in the toilet or on toilet paper may be from a hemorrhoid. If the amount is small (tiny specks on the toilet paper) then it may simply be from irritation but shouldn't drops of blood and/or a toilet bowl filled with blood be reported to your GI right away rather than seeing if it gets better/worse after a few days-months?
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
05-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #2
David
Co-Founder

Thank you for the submission. We'll take it into consideration for our next batch of questions we send out.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Ask the Experts » Submit a Question » [In Consideration] Is it important to inform your GI that you've noticed blood?