• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi, new to the forum

Hi I am Alane Clair. I was diagnosed with Crohn's in 2006. It affects my terminal ileum with a stricture. I have to start remicade soon. Not to thrilled about a 2 hour infusion. I'm an RN so I know what I am getting in to. I am lucky with my disease I rarely have to run to the bathroom, but I do experience pain. So I work full time as an RN on a medical surgical unit. I know many people with the disease can't work so I feel pretty lucky that I can still do what I love. Anyway I hope to get some information from others on remicade.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Welcome! I look at my infusion time as"me" time...I get to nap, ignore the phone and emails....

Please do look around, check the remicade forum.....lots of info and great people!

Welcome to the forum! I have never tried remicade but I have heard it does work for some people. I also am still able to work full time and consider myself extremely lucky. If you ever need to chat let me know!!

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I take it the stricture is down to inflammation not scar tissue? I have been on the Remi previously and it did a great job on the tum until it gave me drug induced Lupus, I have seen others here though who have been on it for a long time without issue so I will keep fingers crossed that it will do the trick for you. I used to take a book to read or have a nap during infusions as the chairs were so comfy.

AB
xx