• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My daughter success with SCD diet, no meds

Hi!

We just found this forum and here is my daughter's story.
She was 2 years when Crohn was diagnosed, pain and bleeding every day. We had one bad flare up, 7weeks in hospital with feeding through neck.

She was taking prednisolon and after that Imuran. We started to use SCD diet when she was 3 years old, soon we could skip Imuran. It took 1year, then symptoms were gone and we continued with SCD diet one more year. When she was 5 years old, we slowly introtuced foods, which were prohibited during diet.
Now, when she is 7 years, we avoid wheat, lactose and white sugar.

That is our story. (sorry for my english, it isn't my mother language)

KWalker

That is so good to hear! I will give you a heads up that there are some people that are skeptical that crohns can be treated without medication but there are also a few of us on here that are having great success med free and on the SCD diet and you have our full support! Keep doing what you're doing because it's obviously working :)

I'm also going to tag Charleigh because she is an SCD god and her son is having amazing success with the diet and I'm sure she would love to hear your story

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am really pleased to hear that your daughter is doing well :) Does she still have routine check ups to keep an eye on disease activity?

AB
xx

We are giving blood tests 2-3 times per year. Last years all has been ok, only "autoimmune" marker called ANA is positive (has always been). According to doctor they dont/cant cure this marker, it just is so..

Thanks for sharing your daughter's story. I'm glad she is doing so well. Can you tell me where here disease was located when she was diagnosed and was it diagnosed by biopsy and endoscopy? Has she had any follow up colonoscopy/endoscopy or imaging (CT or MRE)? I hope she continues to do great!

Yes, we had colonscopy 5 years ago with biopsia. The end of small inestine was affected. After that we had also ultrasonic check up and thats all. Maybe we should ask new colonscopy.. I will talk with doctor next time, we must give blood test during summer.

Thank you for sharing. My son has been med free and on an altered form of SCD (no dairy or legumes whatsoever) since November and we are having great success. It has been a life saver for us and I am completely ecstatic with his turn around in health. It is good to hear your story and very, very encouraging.