Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Imuran/Azathioprine/6-MP » Anyone had flare on aza?

05-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
bettyboop12

My Support Groups:
Anyone had flare on aza?

I started aza last November and been fine ever since... However, this last week I've not stopped going to the loo.

It started last Saturday when I needed help going toilet so I took dulcoease. Then it went to opposite way all week and I had to take imodium.

I'm pretty sure it's the above tablets plus the fact I had busy hectic week too.

I not taken any imodium today as I just wanted go get back to normal but I can't stop going.

I'm hoping I will get back to normal and the aza will override Inflamation. I have asked if I can increase my aza to 125mg but I'm just waiting on confirmation.

Has anyone been in similar situation and you have just gone back to normal?
Just started actimel sept 13
05-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
Clare Lack

My daughter is 16 with crohns, had the disease since she was 10. She was on Aza for 2 years until she had a flare. She has given steriods but after a further test was told she could not increase her dose of Aza and had to try different meds. x
05-06-2013, 12:48 AM   #3
Michelle89

My Support Groups:
yes, and I am now on humira and Aza. apparently I'll be doing a combo of that for at least 6 months. On top of that still tapering of the lovely (insert any form of sarcasm here) prednisone. I have having a hard time going to the bathroom as well and thinking about a laxative. However I am concerned that it will go the other way like you are dealing with now! When I am going constantly I go on a low fiber/residue diet. Usually helps. emphasis on "usually"...... Good luck!
Pentasa
Entocort
Prednisone when in flare
Currently on:
Imuran (100mg)
Prednisone for Flare
Humira
Also Taking: Vitamin D3, folate, Magnesium, Omega-3's, probiotic, general muliti-vitamin
05-06-2013, 05:55 AM   #4
bettyboop12

My Support Groups:
Lesson learnt... I'm not going to use dulcoease again!

I've only ever taken it once and even through my flare before aza I didn't take imodium. Its unnatural. This experience has proved it!

I'm hoping like you mentioned that a low gi diet will see me right again as I want to 'reserve' the 25mg extra of aza for when I'm pregnant.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Imuran/Azathioprine/6-MP » Anyone had flare on aza?