Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » New medicine AMG 181, experience?

07-01-2014, 05:07 AM   #31
johnny26

Hi Kerdan,

Nice to hear from you!

Im sorry it didn't work out, i dont feel any better and im going into the 8th week sigmoidoscopy on Tuesday.

So you went onto the open label for how long? And with no results?

The mechanism of action is the same as Vedolizumab isnt it? People have had excellent results with that drug, i wonder why AMG 181 isn't so good. I haven't heard anyone have any success with it so far. Weird i wish i understood the differences.
07-01-2014, 07:44 AM   #32
Kerdan

I lasted 6 weeks in the open label. I wanted to try to hang on to receive another full dosage of the drug but couldn't go another 6 weeks. I think they offer this drug through an IV, and are using it with good results. But I have moved on to other treatment.
Good Luck!
07-11-2014, 07:40 PM   #33
johnny26

Hi Guys,

I had a flexi- sigmoidoscopy at week 8 which showed some improvement. Doctors are thinking I may be on a lower dose of the drug.
I am still experiencing all the symptoms and stool frequency is the same so I do qualify for entering the open label part of the study at week 12.
Could somebody shed some light on the fact that endoscopically I'm healing well but there has been no improvement in my symptoms or stool frequency??

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » New medicine AMG 181, experience?