• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Casein pro-inflammatory?

That's a tough one for myself to answer for sure, but I have always thought it is strictly dairy/milk based protein. I did a quick search just to confirm and I am not finding casein free dairy products (bovine).

If I remember correctly goats milk products have casien but it's sufficiently different from that found in cows milk that some people find it easier to deal with.

Other issues with dairy like pasturization and grain-feeding are also pointed to as possible inflammation triggers. I don't know what's available in your part of the world but if I could find raw, grass-fed dairy from cows or especially goats I'd be much more inclined to include dairy in my diet more regularly.

Last edited: