Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Casein pro-inflammatory?

05-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #1
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
Casein pro-inflammatory?

I'm reading now that casein is inflammatory. Are there any casein free dairy options?
05-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
Savorybacon

That's a tough one for myself to answer for sure, but I have always thought it is strictly dairy/milk based protein. I did a quick search just to confirm and I am not finding casein free dairy products (bovine).
05-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #3
Trevor

I believe ghee is casien and lactose free when properly prepared.

Other than that not so much.

- Are you looking for a new treatment option for your Crohn's disease? If so, I suggest you look into the ongoing clinical trial by Qu Biologics for their SSI treatment. Click here for more information or to help spread the word.
05-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #4
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
I think goat products might be?
05-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #5
Trevor

If I remember correctly goats milk products have casien but it's sufficiently different from that found in cows milk that some people find it easier to deal with.

Other issues with dairy like pasturization and grain-feeding are also pointed to as possible inflammation triggers. I don't know what's available in your part of the world but if I could find raw, grass-fed dairy from cows or especially goats I'd be much more inclined to include dairy in my diet more regularly.

Last edited by Trevor; 05-09-2013 at 04:17 AM.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Casein pro-inflammatory?