• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Allergic reaction to pred and now they want me to try entrocot

I had a SEVERE reaction to pred. I blacked out and would through whatever was in my hand. They first thought I dev adult epilepsy then figured out it was the meds. Now they want me to try entrocot on top of the Pentasa and I'm scared of the reaction. Any advice of what u experienced and if you would try it??!!

They said I had to try it before trying Humira. Did advise me if I have reaction to stop ASAP and call the office.

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
Entocort was manufactured with love to reduce the number of side effects you get compared to prednisone. Consequently it is a milder steroid that is used mostly for Crohn's disease.

I tried it, it wasn't strong enough for me, but there are others here that have had no problems with it at all.

I say it is worth a shot, but make sure you check with your insurance first to see if it is covered.....because it is made with "love" it is A LOT more expensive than prednisone. If I did not have insurance, it would have cost me $1200 for a 1 month supply...:yfaint: Not sure how much the generic, budesonide, costs.