Share Facebook

10-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #31
minutemean

We're trying a loca-vore option for or CD sufferer, and it's proving successful in the northeast (I'm blaming the lack of local citrus and higher consumption of foods made entirely at home where tweak the ingredients to avoid our triggers, plus I feel it's helping him learn to prepare his own food which is important to us. Mom thinks the cooking process is reducing his stress, too. I realize this is soft anecdotal advice, but we're still new to living with cd.

We make a lot of hummus variations and east lots of eggs in terms of primary food stuffs.
10-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #32
crohnsinct

My Support Groups:
Yeah we have eased up on the diet and added back in dairy and eggs. So vegetarian now although hubby and kids will have chicken from, time to time. I do notice when we aren't full on vegan a dip in energy and more complaints from the family members.
Methotrexate (12.5mg wkly - oral)
Vit d 2000IU
Multi vitamin plus iron
Calcium
Folic Acid
Previously used - Prednisone, Prevacid, Enteral Nutrition

Daughter T dx 1/2/15 at age 11
Vitaligo, Precoscious puberty & Crohns
Methotrexate (15mg weekly oral)
Enteral Nutrition
Entocort
IBD-AID Diet
Vit d 1000IU
Calcium
Folic Acid
Previously used: Mtx injections
10-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #33
Amy2

My Support Groups:
I'm 14 years vegan, 51, 120 - 125 lbs, 5' 7" and pretty much a couch potato. Super low blood pressure, but I never remember the # for some reason. Blood levels on everything are always very good, even though I almost never take any vitamins. I love spinach and kale salads, hummus, lentil soup and stir-frys. I can eat however much I want and never get over 130. So far, the only negative effect of perimenopause was insomnia and that has basically gone away. Still having pretty regular periods, occasionally a week early or a week late...sorry if that's tmi.
10-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #34
Henrietta78

My Support Groups:
Our family is not vegan (we eat animal protein) but we use a lot of vegan recipes b/c we are dairy free. I have found a lot of easy and tasty recipes on this website:
www.wellvegan.com
10-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #35
Farmwife
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Yeah we have eased up on the diet and added back in dairy and eggs. So vegetarian now although hubby and kids will have chicken from, time to time. I do notice when we aren't full on vegan a dip in energy and more complaints from the family members.

Back on chicken. Say it isn't so.

Well, at least........maybe you could............never mind, nothing good to say.
dx Juvenile Arthritis
(12/13/13)
dx Erthema Nodosum
(8/13/14)
Bladder and Bowel Dysfunction
(10/14/13)
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome dx (1/26/17)
Remicade started on (9/8/14)Every 4 wks
Azathroprine started on 10/9/15
EN/EEN- since (1/12/13)
Past Meds- LDN, Humira, Pred, MTX, Sulfasalazine
10-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #36
crohnsinct

My Support Groups:
Not the meat just the eggs! Plain old vegan was getting boring for the kids and they do love their quiche. Also added cheese! OH NO What's this world coming to? But no cow's milk....sorry!
10-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #37
Amy2

My Support Groups:
You can make a delicious quiche with tofu. My kids actually prefered scrambled tofu to scrambled eggs, too.