• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

In the Hospital! Yay Me! I will make a Comback!

So im layin here all drugged up feeling like falling asleep(typing with eyes closed lol)

Got admitted last Thurs. eve after a Remi Treatment. And then went to ER and said i would like a room please lol They did all the usual and paper work and vitals. and BAM, here i am.

Dropped 30pds. 175 - 145 in less then a month with Extreme Pains, all the usual suspects......

The on call dr came in and said, "O we will get you outta here by this afternoon!"

Are you feeling like you want to leave this afternoon (gotta love on-call docs)??? What kind of treatments did you have while in the hospital?

daisy_dueller said:
Are you feeling like you want to leave this afternoon (gotta love on-call docs)??? What kind of treatments did you have while in the hospital?
No deff. NOT feeling like leaving at the time (fri) i had JUST got in there late thurs. nite. Today(sat) im feeling much better and have finally eattin some jello after not eatting or drinking for 3days. Ive went through 5 bags of hydration fluid, and am just now starting to get REhydrated. Tho there blood worked showed i was fine thurs? HA! I had cotton mouth, no urine, eyes sunk in, flushed, flim on touge and everything else involved in being dehydrated, yet my blood work showed otherwise?????

Ya as far as that on call dr, i havnt seen him since i said a lil something, and now have another one whos actually tryin to help and encourage/brainstom rather then demand and be ignorant towards me.

I will say tho, my Nurse Brent, is FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

Only treatment as of now that ive had is my Remicaide- 10mg per 1kg
Meds= Asacol, Entocort, Aziothiaprine, Flgyl

Yeah, the hospitals like to kick you out as soon as they can. ridiculous.
Glad you're fighting to stay if you feel you need to. Sometimes I think they
rely too much on their tests and not how the patient is actually feeling!
Hope you start feeling better soon!

MINI Cooper said:
Yeah, the hospitals like to kick you out as soon as they can. ridiculous.
Glad you're fighting to stay if you feel you need to. Sometimes I think they
rely too much on their tests and not how the patient is actually feeling!
Hope you start feeling better soon!
Yes, yes they do! But i have done this for waaaaay to many years to be stepped on and told what to do when i know better for myself! There tests may show the "norm" but were not normal in the first place lol(yes i know there tests are tests for "our" avg.) but still... They rely on them way to much just say weather or not your able to stay or go! Like my nurse said, its clear that im dehydrated, just look at all the physical symptoms! lol If they put 4 bags of fluid in a 145pd body and they dont pee, then theres something wrong! Ayyyye

Anyways, Ya i stand up for myself and tell them, hey im not feeling good, this why xxx!

Thanks MINI!

Well at this point, my Colitis feels a bit better! WooooHoooooo! But My Crohns still is bothering me higher and so they still have me on pain killers. just ate some soild food at lunch, and its just sitting there, and kinda making me feel like a have to throw up???? I buzzed the nurse but not here yet.........

Hey DGS, I'm guessing from the time difference that you are across the pond. It's different over here in the U.S. because of the cost of being in the hospital. Sometimes I think they try to get us out so quick over here because they know each day is very costly.

But even then, a lot of people make the mistake of not saying how much pain they're in or describing other symptoms. It sounds like you're taking the right approach in helping them to understand where you're at and not letting them take it lightly.

As long as they keep giving you painkillers, and you keep taking them, you're more than likely to stay than to be let go in my experience.

Hope you can get some relief, though, and get better soon.

Sojourn: Ya im over in the US. Yup, they try to, but ive done this a few times lol As we say here in Idaho This aint my first Rodeo.

Welp im out, tho, i kinda feel like after the fact i should be still in there, buuut i guess we'll see what happens from here. Have a Drs Appt with my GI this monday morn to go over stuff and see were we are sittin at.

I will say, boy they gave me this new pain killer or atleast new to me, Dilotted. That stuff is wonderful! I really wish we could get Dilotted outta the hospital hahaha