05-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
SammieJay224
This member has been approved by an Administrator to post this message.

IBD AWARENESS PHOTOGRAPHIC SERIES - Help needed!

My name is Samantha, I am 24 years old and i have Crohns Disease.
I am enrolled at The Centre For Creative Photography in South Australia and currently have a photographic series to do with a strong meaning/idea or message behind it.
I am thinking of doing an awareness piece on IBD - fit in with awareness month! My idea is to have full length portraits of these people all holding a blue/yellow frame around their stomach area. To symbolize firstly the awareness and also the difference between people all with the same condition, which also symbolizes the myth that everyone with IBD is the same (condition wise). I also wanted to show that by looking at these people you cannot tell something is wrong with them yet they are living with this everyday and there is no quick fix or cure. By presenting these images all together i can show the variety in age/gender/culture/shape/sizes, all very different, yet all unified by the same disease.

But to do this ... I NEED YOUR HELP!
Im looking for people who will be willing to participate in Adelaide over the next 3-4 weeks.
Any age - Any gender - Any Nationality
I have been in contact with Crohns and Colitis Association of Australia and they are willing to help out and use the final products (providing participants agree) in their awareness campaign - If you are wiling to participate but do not want your photo to be given to the CCA that is fine, please still get in contact!

Any help will be greatly appreciated, so spread the word or put your hand up to take action and create some awareness of IBD!
Please feel free to pass this on to anyone you know who would be interested.

**David has said this post is ok**
05-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
2thFairy

My Support Groups:
I like this. Too bad I'm so far away from you!

Total colectomy with ileostomy featuring Sideshow Bob since January 2012

"The colon seems an unlikely candidate for dramatic effect, but now and then it serves that purpose well." The Associated Press Guide to Punctuation
05-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #3
mainekitty

Good luck! I know absolutely no one in Australia, so can't be much help, but this sounds like a great project!

Crohn's Disease since 1997
05-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #4
SammieJay224
This member has been approved by an Administrator to post this message.

Thanks Alot!
If i dont manage to get enough people here in Adelaide, SA i am planning on asking people like yourselves who are willing to help, to take their own photos with certain criteria and send it on to me.
Fingers crossed i can pull this all together!
05-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #5
mainekitty

I'd be MORE than happy to do that - definitely let me know. And crossing my fingers for you!
05-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #6
PsychoJane

My Support Groups:
I too would be happy to help you with your project if ever you need "international" candidates as I am quite far from Australia ><!

Good luck and great idea too

Currently taking: Omega-3, D-3, med-free for the time being.
~~Oh! n sorry if what I write seems strange at times, English is not my main language!~~

You'd like to chat and feel facebook would ease this point,
send me a private message and i'll do so =)
05-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #7
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
Sounds like a wonderful project but I too am very far from Aussie land lol.