• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New and looking for advice

Hi Everyone

Came across this site when I was looking for information.

I am a 50 year old female - I have had Crohns for 10 - 15 years. Op in 2004 -part of small and large bowel removed.

Was on azathioprine until I started to develop skin cancers. Tried methotrixate but didn't agree with me.

Now on infiximab (excuse the spelling!!)

Have had 2 infusions - due a 3rd next week.

Have active Crohns at the moment.

My concern is pale stools - never had this before (worried it may be a side affect)

Also on questran for bile control.

Anybody advise:)

Thanks

Hi Smurph, love the name :) welcome to the forum :)

I'm sorry I can't offer any advice other than to mention it to your doctor. I was wondering if you had any change of diet at the minute since your Crohns is active or do you use ant-acids as I had heard this can make stools pale (although not sure this is correct)? Sorry this isn't so helpful but I'm sure there will be others who can help much more, in the mean time take care and good luck. :ghug:

Hmmm, then I would suggest giving your doctor a call see if they can shed any light on it and put your mind at ease?