Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Can Humira cause psoriasis/skin conditions?

05-17-2013, 08:26 AM   #1
BasedJawline

My Support Groups:
Can Humira cause psoriasis/skin conditions?

I've been getting psoriasis the last 2 years (been on Humira for 3) and was wondering if there was any correlation.... So if other's seem to get it; my understanding of psoriasis is it's caused from your liver being overworked and the toxins find a way to leave the body through the skin instead. I don't drink, smoke, take recreational drugs, my diet is relatively 'clean', only thing I can put it to is my Humira.
05-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
amrycrohns
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Here is a link to following information http://www.humira.com/global/safety-information.aspx

Psoriasis (new or worsening). Symptoms include red scaly patches or raised bumps that are filled with pus.

Someone should be doing liver function test at least now and then while on medication.
05-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
Unfortunately Humira can treat or cause Psoriasis. Please talk to your doctor about this as soon as possible. You may need to be taken off this drug.
05-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #4
kiny

Yes it can, so can remicade.
05-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #5
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
yes, I have what appears to be a drug induced psoriasis on Remicade - but it isn't bad enough for me to be taken off....at least I feel the benefit of hte Remicade far outweighs the cons of the skin problems right now.

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
11-07-2015, 05:20 PM   #6
wjm1973badgut

My Support Groups:
Well humira is causing my Dyshidrotic Eczema, but I can live with it . Nothing I have done has been able to help it while on Humira.

Dx'd JAN ,3/2013
Meds: AZA, Lialdo .. almost no effect
LDN - 4 months - mild help,
Preg - 1 year on/off - good effect
humira 2.5 years - remission

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Can Humira cause psoriasis/skin conditions?